Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Features for 2020 Models - Speculations?

weekender

11 minutes ago, AussieSkier said:

Find that hard to believe.....

Yea me to but the one guy just messaged me back and confirmed new dash with a picture and rear thruster option.

On 6/11/2019 at 12:05 PM, weekender said:

hi all,

just was thinking with all the recent additions / enhancements to the boats these last 5 years, how much better can these boats get?

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what they would like to see or think would be beneficial to add? or if they actually know if certain enhancements will actually be made we'd love to know!

Something i think so far that should definitely be added as an option:

Need:

- cool touch vinyl in all the currently available colors

- bow/stern thrusters option? (or DockStar type solution like mastercraft) - allow steering in reverse

- numbers on power wedge 'clicks'.  - really a software update but they could easily do this and it would be way easier to reference the wedge positions

Wants:

- motorized bimini?

- some how get more storage through maybe a deeper hull bow to stern?

- anchor storage in front?

- go pro attachment option on stern with ability to connect//control via helm screen similar to nautique 

- improvements to surf band - front back song, adjust the sensitivity for volume control

Well 2 of your needs have come true so far....stern thruster is an option and the wedge positions are now numbered.

2 hours ago, Zac450720 said:

Yea me to but the one guy just messaged me back and confirmed new dash with a picture and rear thruster option.

Picture....?

23 hours ago, Zac450720 said:

Both dealers I’ve spoke to this week said there won’t be any changes this year to the 23lsv, I hope this isn’t true.

What else can change lol we just ordered hope they don’t change sorry 

1 hour ago, Mattb422 said:

What else can change lol we just ordered hope they don’t change sorry 

I mean what’s the point of buying a new boat if they weren’t going to change anything? Luckily that wasn’t correct as there are a few changes.

50 minutes ago, weekender said:

how can the 19s get the numbers on the power wedge?

software update?

Not sure but the 2020 dash clearly shows they are numbered

ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, Zac450720 said:

I mean what’s the point of buying a new boat if they weren’t going to change anything? Luckily that wasn’t correct as there are a few changes.

They probably meant no hull changes. It was redesigned in 2018 so it’s not due (at Malibu’s current trend) for another year or two. 

7 minutes ago, Zac450720 said:

Not sure but the 2020 dash clearly shows they are numbered

So where can we see this picture of the 2020 dash?

11 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

So where can we see this picture of the 2020 dash?

I dont know how to post it I could text you it if you wanted to post 

26 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Zac's photo

D25F8683-4787-4945-92E5-85E3B03ABAE5.thumb.jpeg.aaec44f0d7c8f42be6843cfc1f87ac41.jpeg

What is the rocker switch for on the right near the arm rest? Is the sport knob gone? If so, that is disappointing to me... I like how you can use that on the stereo volume.

Just now, Raimie said:

What is the rocker switch for on the right near the arm rest? Is the sport knob gone? If so, that is disappointing to me... I like how you can use that on the stereo volume.

That’s the seat raise button

Still undecided on the steering wheel as well.  I like that the metal matches the rest of the dash, looks a little chunky.  I also don't initially love that they swapped the sides for the screen/joystick.  I'd rather have the phone and vol knob where other people can reach and get to it easily and I'd prefer no one can easily access the main boat control screen.

I like the new layout... IMO the current layout is too busy with not enough contrast, they really simplified things. Would be cool if you could adjust the accent colors on the main dash.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Raimie said:

1 minute ago, Zac450720 said:

That’s the seat raise button

Strangely on an M235 that switch is on a nice piece of billet... but all over boats just get it screwed on.  I might try to buy the billet piece and add it to my boat.

I like they have all the surf functions on the same side of the screen. 

I was hoping they would have built some dash around the big screen a little.  Still looks nice. I like the new screen on the side.

caution - don’t turn the engine off trying to beep at someone.

55 minutes ago, vaporbluebu said:

Funny how different we all are. The fact that they changed the sport knob to the other side was the first thing I noticed and was excited about. Our knob gets bumped into ALL the time, muting the stereo, changing the speed...drives me crazy!

I would hope this is what's driving the side swap.

I didn't catch what boat this is but I wish they would put an 8" speaker in that location on the 23. The driver seat is difficult to hear the stereo without blowing out the passengers.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I would hope this is what's driving the side swap.

I didn't catch what boat this is but I wish they would put an 8" speaker in that location on the 23. The driver seat is difficult to hear the stereo without blowing out the passengers.

That's the Seadeck floor pattern they use on the 25 today (meaning 2019) and it has a traditional bow, so I figured it might be a 25 w/ the dual woofer option.