Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Features for 2020 Models - Speculations?

weekender

34 minutes ago, Zac450720 said:

Yeah my dealer has me a bit confused. I’m looking to order a 2020 but I’m not sure when the best time to do that and have the option for any new features.

Yes,  reading about people ordering early then  Malibu adding features is scaring us now too.

September or later, I build my boat mid of summer and Malibu website was still 2018 not updated so many options was not even shown. I would say order depends where you live , north - winter because you not going to use until spring 2020, south October when all option is available so you can use November/December 2019

7 hours ago, Zac450720 said:

Yeah my dealer has me a bit confused. I’m looking to order a 2020 but I’m not sure when the best time to do that and have the option for any new features.

I love my boat but knowing what I know now I would have waited until Sept or Oct after everything has finally leaked out. I will never order an early build again.

• Like 1

Chappy,

I don't know your situation, but your dealer, at the time of an early season order, has the ability to be educated by Malibu as to what are new options and educate you on whether you should want it.  Every single boat is built to order.  Bottom line is if you got left out of new options, that's not Malibu's fault.  I don't know what you're talking about Sept/ Oct after everything is leaked out.  2020 boats will start coming off the line in a matter of weeks, as ordered by dealers.  

• Like 3

Here's a possibility...

I think some of this confusion is that buyers are walking into their dealers ready to order a boat. The dealer may be wanting to get that order ASAP and not take a chance on not getting the sale later by the time the new releases come out. He will steer the buyer to what's available as of that minute. If they have an idea of what's coming, the dealer may not want the buyer to know because he may lose the sale.

Create a great relationship with your dealer and let them be confident that you'll buy in the coming months and they may have more info. If you are wanting the boat for this season, you will only get what's available at the earlier ordering date.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Here's a possibility...

I think some of this confusion is that buyers are walking into their dealers ready to order a boat. The dealer may be wanting to get that order ASAP and not take a chance on not getting the sale later by the time the new releases come out. He will steer the buyer to what's available as of that minute. If they have an idea of what's coming, the dealer may not want the buyer to know because he may lose the sale.

Create a great relationship with your dealer and let them be confident that you'll buy in the coming months and they may have more info. If you are wanting the boat for this season, you will only get what's available at the earlier ordering date.

I don't follow you, sorry.  Since every boat is ordered by dealer, specced by a customer or not, what difference does it make?

34 minutes ago, wdr said:

I haven’t seen this one yet. Might of been a mid MY change and I am out of the loop. This is on a ‘19, 25. 

B5BE6E23-5782-4DD1-95BB-D2525DC3378E.thumb.jpeg.37a31a5ff81e5363d45963f296ee271a.jpeg

We ordered with the flip down step seat, thought it would be good idea to make vinyl last longer on those particular seats everyone uses to get in and out

• Like 2

The ones I have seen on previous boats had the entire back panel as a flip down. This is just showing a jump seat version. I might just be specific to the 25 and I just didn't notice the difference.

41 minutes ago, wdr said:

The ones I have seen on previous boats had the entire back panel as a flip down. This is just showing a jump seat version. I might just be specific to the 25 and I just didn't notice the difference.

In another thread a few months ago someone mentioned this style 25 flip down seats were no longer orderable.. maybe they will be back for 2020.

17 hours ago, Chappy said:

Don't do it!

I spoke to someone today that said when they ordered in December not all the options were even available. They said the folding swim deck was not added to the 23lsv build sheet until March. 

9 minutes ago, Zac450720 said:

I spoke to someone today that said when they ordered in December not all the options were even available. They said the folding swim deck was not added to the 23lsv build sheet until March. 

SMH, love Malibu but that is just stupid!

1 hour ago, Mattb422 said:

We ordered with the flip down step seat, thought it would be good idea to make vinyl last longer on those particular seats everyone uses to get in and out

For what it is worth we love this option on our boat.  Must have IMO.

1 hour ago, Zac450720 said:

I ordered my folding swim deck on January 6th and picked it up on 27 March. 

1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I don't follow you, sorry.  Since every boat is ordered by dealer, specced by a customer or not, what difference does it make?

Because the guy that orders right now may not know about things to come later in the year. Take last years motors and wireless chargers for example. If a buyer orderd at this time last year, he may not of known those options were coming and have been disappointed when the options came available. 

12 minutes ago, rsutton1223 said:

If you are always waiting for the next option you will never buy anything. 

There shouldn’t be different options released at different times limiting what people get. It should be as simple as this is the model year and this is what’s all available.

4 hours ago, Chappy said:

For what it is worth we love this option on our boat.  Must have IMO.

AGREE!!! This has become our favorite feature of the new boat (and I almost didn't order it because I was afraid someone would wack their knee on the hinges.)

1 hour ago, Zac450720 said:

There shouldn’t be different options released at different times limiting what people get. It should be as simple as this is the model year and this is what’s all available.

Why?  Just because the car industry works that way doesn't mean the boat industry needs to.  When a new feature is ready Malibu adds it to the build sheets.  They are always adding new things and there is not reason for them to limit a new feature to whatever date starts the new model year.   Just like the new motors.. they were ready in January so they started rolling them out on the order sheets, no reason to wait till July and the 2020 MY order bank opens before they make them available.  Flip down swim step was likely the same way, it wasn't ready in July 2019... but it was ready a few months later so they added it to the build sheets as an option.  I think we are along seeing "options" added, not major changes to the base boat mid model year (unless there is a supplier issue, etc.)  

• Like 3

I will also add to keep checking the options available for your build right up till your spray date.  I know for our boat/trailer we were told Azure Metallic wasn't an option for the trailer accents but about 1 week before our spray date they checked again and it showed up in the online ordering tool along with the new two tone trailer option and we were able to add it. 

6 hours ago, Zac450720 said:

Car industry does the same thing.  I have a 2019  Duramax and depending on when it was made, different accessories fit and others do not.  It was a mid year change and though the trucks looks the same, they obviously are not.  I’ve ordered aftermarket parts, but were made for the “classic body style” for 2019s manufactured before a certain date.

Edited by wakebrdr94
6 hours ago, Zac450720 said:

Unpopular opinion but I 100% agree with this.  Either have all of the options available when you start taking orders or kick it to the next model year. The Johnny Slow Play rollout of options is bush league.

12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Here's a possibility...

@Ronnie I am sure this is what happened to some degree.  I worked with two dealers and neither of them informed of the slow roll out of additional features would be available for my boat.  The impression I got was that they were just adding the new features to the 25 LSV and not most of the other models too. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to order a new boat every couple of year so I probably didn't get preferential treatment.

Everyone can pile on but I am not going to get over the fact that I missed out on the new motor by 2 months when Malibu clearly knew this option would be coming and they should notify the people that place orders.  That alone makes my boat a 2018.5 IMO.