Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swamped!!

My sister and I share ownership of a boat lift at my lake cottage. She lives local and uses it unless I’m in town. The lift broke Sunday so yesterday they had it on the mooring. Done this many times.

big winds, big waves. Swamped.

any suggestions on what to do/not do to minimize the damage?

its not a Malibu, its a Regal Sessions wakeboard boat.

IMG_3491.jpeg

ahopkins22LSV

Call insurance. Let them handle everything.

That sucks though. The wind was crazy yesterday and was probably coming straight down crystal lake. Was there not enough slack to the mourning or were the waves so big they just came over the bow anyway?

They got it out last night, so it was underwater for 4-6 hours. Insurance inspected it today and sent it to the marina to “pickle” the engine. 

They will know more in a day or 2. My nephew and nieces are heartbroken. They just got it out on Saturday so the summer was just beginning. So sad.

Hopefully the marina (or your sister if she still has access to the boat) sprays all mechanical and electrical components with a liberal dose of WD-40. 

2 hours ago, Eagle River Mike said:

What broke on the lift, cable or something more complicated?  I am always fearful that my lift will break.

Not sure. One side was bound in the “up” position.