Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First surf on the A24 after dialing it in

daylorb

Finally got to surf on the new A24.  Thought I would post a vid.  Setup is stock ballast plus pnp:

Rear lockers: 850 Wakemakers custom sacs

Bow: 650 Wakemakers custom sac

Center: Stock

Lead: 200lb pax side center/under dash

5 people in boat (2 kids, 3 adults)

11.6mph, Wedge on 3

We were out teaching the kids and our friends, so I had one session in pretty rough water, but the wave was incredible.  Ton of push, long, steep - amazing.  I'd like to play around a bit more, I think 11.8 might be better, I have another 100lb of lead to move around as well, but overall it was amazing.  A noticeable step up from my '13 LSV w/surfgate.

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0ULcL54i7JJJi84pAkhRsoWeg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks great!  What board is that?  Also where were the people located in the boat?

Last night my brother and I went out to surf and worked on getting the lead bags in the right places.  Our best setup last night was the following:

Stock tanks and PNP full (750 rears, I think the stock bow bag is 650 but not sure)

400lbs of lead in the bow (100 in the battery compartment, 50 behind each from speaker, 200 on the seat as far forward as they would go)

Speed was between 11.6 - 11.8

Wedge on 4 and even tried 5, but I noticed the surf gates were a little too deep on 5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu1ujxdcmoeiqqi/IMG_6767.mov?dl=0

On 7/3/2019 at 10:28 AM, Leatherneck33 said:

Looks great!  What board is that?  Also where were the people located in the boat?

Last night my brother and I went out to surf and worked on getting the lead bags in the right places.  Our best setup last night was the following:

Stock tanks and PNP full (750 rears, I think the stock bow bag is 650 but not sure)

400lbs of lead in the bow (100 in the battery compartment, 50 behind each from speaker, 200 on the seat as far forward as they would go)

Speed was between 11.6 - 11.8

Wedge on 4 and even tried 5, but I noticed the surf gates were a little too deep on 5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu1ujxdcmoeiqqi/IMG_6767.mov?dl=0

Mine did not come with a stock bow bag - I had to add it after-market.  It is 650 lbs though after-market.  People were in rear and mid, no one bow.  The board is a Triple X fish - not your typical board... I've got 5 different boards now, the fish is 10yrs old, Super floaty and flat - it is fast as hell - but it takes a ton of muscle to turn it and you have to get it on edge.  I'd rather muscle a super-fast board though.  My other regular rides are an IS Swallow and a potato-chip LF.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2019 at 8:42 PM, daylorb said:

Finally got to surf on the new A24.  Thought I would post a vid.  Setup is stock ballast plus pnp:

Rear lockers: 850 Wakemakers custom sacs

Bow: 650 Wakemakers custom sac

Center: Stock

Lead: 200lb pax side center/under dash

5 people in boat (2 kids, 3 adults)

11.6mph, Wedge on 3

We were out teaching the kids and our friends, so I had one session in pretty rough water, but the wave was incredible.  Ton of push, long, steep - amazing.  I'd like to play around a bit more, I think 11.8 might be better, I have another 100lb of lead to move around as well, but overall it was amazing.  A noticeable step up from my '13 LSV w/surfgate.

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0ULcL54i7JJJi84pAkhRsoWeg

Do you recall what the factory PnP bow bag is?

On 7/9/2019 at 9:04 PM, ChefScott said:

very cool, I can't get to 11 mph with my 2019 A22 at 6k alltitude in lake tahoe with full ballast, bags and wedge? 

@ChefScott you may need a different prop. Give ACME a call and see what they recommend for your boat. On my 19 A24 they told me I should be running an 18" (3309) vs the standard 2755.