Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cruise control will not engage.

2008 VLX with 5.7 monsoon. It has the small LCD screen with the lcd bar that shows you where to adjust the throttle when you get to the desired speed. It's just stopped working. The throttle works fine, pressing the red button shows mph cruise on. It just never engages. The speedo works fine. the speed displays on the screen. It just no longer beeps and the broken line never appears. I've checked the speed wheel and that has all blades and is in perfect condition. All fuses are good. Appreciate any input on what to check next. I cant see what it is missing. It did have a low voltage alarm as the alternator was slipping, that was quickly sorted and voltage came straight back up. All help greatly appreciated. thanks.

This is actually the Medallion, Malibu Precision Pro system.

The next thing I would do is unplug and clean the molex connector that goes into the back of the info center.

Thanks gents. I have removed gauges and will make sure all plugs are cleaned. Fuel gauge stopped working so just got a new stepper motor to fit on that while it's apart. I'm also going to try the rpm setting and see if it works on that next time it's out. Is there a separate module for the medallion speed control ? Just trying to work out what feeds in where. 

• 1 year later...