Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf tabs. 06 23lsv go surf? Infinity?

Dzldoctor

06 23lsv i have 750 in both rear lockers. Factory ballast full. 675 in the bow and 200 near the bow on floor.  5 to 6 people. With suck style surf gate. Still struggle to get a good wave and about sick of taking time to fill bags.  Will surf style tabs get me where i want .  Was going to order wakemakers rear add bag that ties into factory resr which eliminates the resr bag time anyway. If i do that and tabs ot tabs alone be enough? Also experience of either brand? I like to do it once and not regret. Lol. Wifes not on to upgrade the boat but if i had to put few bucks in im ok. Thanks in advance. Beem reading for dsys and havent really found the answer i am looking for. 

You'll need just as much weight with the tabs, so definitely get your additional ballast plumbed in so you don't have to do anything but flip switches. I have GSA on my 06 247, and have installed infinity system on a buddies boat. Both will produce a great wave, you're just getting a better packaged product with an automated controller with the GSA system... which will allow for transfers. You can always add an automated controller later, so to save a couple grand, infinity might be the best choice since you will need to spend money on ballast too.

On my 247, I run the wakemakers 910's that fill out the lockers 95%, 200# of lead infront of each locker. 100# lead hidden in nose. All on top of stock ballast (including bow ballast). Wedge set about 3 clicks up. I then have a  1000# bow sack I  will fill to adjust the attitude of the bow.... usually 1/4 full with no crew, and all full with 6+ people in the boat. 10.4 - 11.4 mph.

20190529_222929.thumb.jpg.f1c7abf116cd8f2ac085d643eec2e5db.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...

I have infinity on my 2011 VLX + two reversible bumps in the rear and one under the dash all with separate toggle switches behind the throttle. 650 V-sack up front and I think 700's in the rear + 4 stock tanks. When everything is full the platform is a couple inches under water and gives us a vary fun waist high wave. If you like your boat now you will love it with Infinity or GSA. I went with Infinity because it was cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed a GSA on my 07 23 LSV because I struggled to get a good wave.  I have 850 bags and 500 pounds of lead I move around.  The 23 LSV needs a ton of rear weight to make a great wave.  If I did it all over I would have bought the GSA sooner and bigger rear bags

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 10:24 AM, TimbrSS said:

You'll need just as much weight with the tabs, so definitely get your additional ballast plumbed in so you don't have to do anything but flip switches. I have GSA on my 06 247, and have installed infinity system on a buddies boat. Both will produce a great wave, you're just getting a better packaged product with an automated controller with the GSA system... which will allow for transfers. You can always add an automated controller later, so to save a couple grand, infinity might be the best choice since you will need to spend money on ballast too.

On my 247, I run the wakemakers 910's that fill out the lockers 95%, 200# of lead infront of each locker. 100# lead hidden in nose. All on top of stock ballast (including bow ballast). Wedge set about 3 clicks up. I then have a  1000# bow sack I  will fill to adjust the attitude of the bow.... usually 1/4 full with no crew, and all full with 6+ people in the boat. 10.4 - 11.4 mph.

20190529_222929.thumb.jpg.f1c7abf116cd8f2ac085d643eec2e5db.jpg

Timber,

Sorry to hit up an old post but is your bow sack on the bow seats or on the floor in the little hallway to the bow? Not sure if I’m explaining this right…

Thank you,

Brannon 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 12:57 AM, Brannon132 said:

Timber,

Sorry to hit up an old post but is your bow sack on the bow seats or on the floor in the little hallway to the bow? Not sure if I’m explaining this right…

Thank you,

Brannon 

On the bow seat... I can just move my lead up front and not use the bow sac if i have 8+ people in the boat.