Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Flip Down Step

wbama387

17 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/d/gainesville-malibu-axis-wakeboard-boat/7192013667.html

High potential this may not be real, but it was posted in the Craigslist thread.   

I wonder if he works for a dealer. When Malibu warranty replaces a platform they never ask for them back. I have several kickin around here. 

Edited by COOP
3 minutes ago, COOP said:

I wonder if he works for a dealer. When Malibu warranty replaces a platform they never ask for them back. I have several kickin around here. 

Wow.. seems like a deal at that price.. even if it's not perfect.  

And while Malibu never asks for them back... I am guessing Craigslist was not their idea on what would happen to the old parts! :-O

58 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Wow.. seems like a deal at that price.. even if it's not perfect.  

And while Malibu never asks for them back... I am guessing Craigslist was not their idea on what would happen to the old parts! :-O

The ones I have here all have air voids or some sort of mold defect. I do have one that they made it the wrong color. I dont have any with the flip down step, yet. 

They ship truck freight so its probably not worth it to even get them back just to destroy them.

11 minutes ago, COOP said:

The ones I have here all have air voids or some sort of mold defect. I do have one that they made it the wrong color. I dont have any with the flip down step, yet. 

They ship truck freight so its probably not worth it to even get them back just to destroy them.

Well, they make good wine bars.  A fiberglass platform would be more informal, but one with a flipdown would make a cool serving area ;)

Maybe I need to check the local dealer and see if they have any laying around to dispose of, and then I can have some winter projects.

WP_20171225_05_27_11_Pro.jpg

Edited by oldjeep
7 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Well, they make good wine bars.  A fiberglass platform would be more informal, but one with a flipdown would make a cool serving area ;)

Maybe I need to check the local dealer and see if they have any laying around to dispose of, and then I can have some winter projects.

WP_20171225_05_27_11_Pro.jpg

That's pretty awesome!  

• 6 months later...
On 6/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, wbama387 said:

I have it mostly finished. Still need to make the track slot and add hardware, but this will give you an idea of how it will look finished. First pic is of it stowed under the platform and second is deployed. The top brackets will mount to the bottom of the swim platform.

48073259382_4afd514d61_b.jpg

48073154176_4a810d46d6_b.jpg

Can you share the design with me? I want to make one of these myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Knucklesup Im working on something similar. My concern is the added stress to the outer part of the swim platform where this would mount. Im working on integrating a platform riser in to 1)keep from having to replace the pad 2)keep stress off the end of the platform and the fiberglass and put the stress on the platform brackets. 

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2019 at 9:00 AM, wbama387 said:

I have it mostly finished. Still need to make the track slot and add hardware, but this will give you an idea of how it will look finished. First pic is of it stowed under the platform and second is deployed. The top brackets will mount to the bottom of the swim platform.

48073259382_4afd514d61_b.jpg

48073154176_4a810d46d6_b.jpg

Can this step be purchased?

• 2 weeks later...