Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 LSV Illusion tower speakers

SCMalibu

I’m looking to replace the two pair of speakers mounted on my Illusion tower.  I have read several post & looking for all options & opinion!   Any pictures would be nice if available.  

1.  My first thought is to keep the Titan cans & replace the 6.5” speakers but I do want to speakers with lights.  Is this possible?  Best speakers?  

2.  Next option is replacing the cans & speakers.  What’s the best cans & speakers to do this?

I am replacing mine with JL audio speakers.  They have speakers with lights.  I opted for the ones without.  I can confirm that JL mounts do work on the Illusion tower.

Wetsounds are a popular replacement.

Exile have an extremely slick system for connecting their speakers to the Illusion tower.

No idea if there are speakers with lights, or separate light rings, that would work with the Titan cans.

Just do a single pair of Wet Sounds REV10's.  Will be a huge improvement over 4 of anything in Titan cans.  Feed them 300 watts RMS each with a decent amp and be done with it.  They do offer an RGB lighting option as well.

I can now also confirm that the Illusion X tower will not fit 2 JL audio pods on the mounts I am using on each side.  I was only able to fit one on each side.  So I should have gone with a bigger set of singles instead of planning on two on each side.

Ok. I think I have decided to just replace the 6.5” speakers in the Titan cans already on my boat.  Now, any recommendations on a 6.5” that will fit?

The hlcd from kicker fits. Feed them a little juice and they sound well. Your best best is going exile on the towers. 1set of rev 10s would be good also. Personally I’d go exile. When I replaced the speakers in my cans I didn’t have enough pennies and nickels.