Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hose Connection

That should be a fresh water flush inlet for your engine.  Check your raw water hose to see if it has a check valve and tee with a garden sized hose coming in. 

Or just have faith, hook your hose to it, turn the water on, and start the engine and see if water comes out the exhaust....

Where can you buy this and install it yourself. Otherwise on bakesonline I see they have a strainer pro with a hose connection. 

7 hours ago, klingsdesigns said:

Where can you buy this and install it yourself. Otherwise on bakesonline I see they have a strainer pro with a hose connection. 

That kit is probably just fine - here is another option that I have and really like it. https://www.overtons.com/perko-flush-pro-1-14-inlet-314261.html?s_kwcid=adwords__&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2puCm_3o4gIVlshkCh06ugR7EAQYAiABEgK_JvD_BwE 

You'll still need the hose connection to go out the back of the boat

I have read about a lot of people having issues with such devices.  They break and can obviously result in engine damage if you're not getting enough or any water to your engine.  If you are asking how to do a fake-a-lake and you don't have a garden hose connection on the back of you boat, buy a 2.5" hose and run it into a bucket from the intake side of your v-drive (remove the raw water intake hose).  Run your garden hose into the bucket and let 'er rip.  Check out my blog, I made one. 

-Drew 99 VLX, fake-a-lake maker