Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reset trouble code in Malibu Gauge (2003 LXi)

I had a couple fault codes on my 03’ LXi.  I have since fixed the issues and cleared the codes in the ECU with my laptop.  Stil When I power the ignition on,  I get a “”bad” readout on the Malibu LCD.   Every thing is fine now, but I can’t the lcd message to go away.... anyone have any idea how?

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Have you disconnected the battrery?

I have a perko switch that I turn off when it’s sitting on the trailer between uses....doesn’t go away 

2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

And you are sure there is no current bleed from that switch?  Or something else energizing your system?

It’s possible 

The BAD readout on the LCD display on the tachometer usually refers to the depth sounder.  They usually read BAD when first powered up, but then soon after will show your depth, unless the depth module is faulty or has a bad connection.  The LCD display is not connected to the engine ECM on a 2003 Malibu tachometer in any way that I am aware of.

5 hours ago, csleaver said:

The BAD readout on the LCD display on the tachometer usually refers to the depth sounder.  They usually read BAD when first powered up, but then soon after will show your depth, unless the depth module is faulty or has a bad connection.  The LCD display is not connected to the engine ECM on a 2003 Malibu tachometer in any way that I am aware of.

Ah...good to know... I do always have the depth screen up, so that makes sense.