Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 A22 Axis losing power 330 Monsoon

Crew, need some suggestions.  This spring I changed my fuel filter and siphoned out all of the fuel that sat over the winter. We lake tested the boat and it worked fine but this morning with full ballast and the wedge on, I can’t get the boat over 10 mph. I drain the ballast in the boat accelerate behind and it reaches TopSpeed just fine but under full load it won’t do it. This is unlike last year when it ran fine. Any thoughts?

When’s the last time she was tuned up? Spark plugs, rotor, cap...if yours has a cap and rotor, maybe not. 

Edited by BlindSquirrel
40 minutes ago, Canusa said:

Full Ballast bags....of water. We were surfing. 

OP is more asking, how much weight and where.

Like, if you have 1.5k lbs in the back, the wedge deployed at max, and no weight in the bow, and a stock propeller, you might have trouble planing.

Given your winter maintenance, my first guess would be that the fuel filter is installed in reverse; ensure the arrow is pointed from the tank to the engine, not from stern to bow.

Edited by smileysteve
3 hours ago, smileysteve said:

OP is more asking, how much weight and where.

Like, if you have 1.5k lbs in the back, the wedge deployed at max, and no weight in the bow, and a stock propeller, you might have trouble planing.

Given your winter maintenance, my first guess would be that the fuel filter is installed in reverse; ensure the arrow is pointed from the tank to the engine, not from stern to bow.

2013 Axis has the filter/regulator unit that goes into the top of the fuel pump. Wouldn’t be possible to install it backwards.

it would be worth checking the fuel pressure at the rail, though. The tester is like 40 bucks and threads onto a valve on the fuel rail.

Edited by boardjnky4

Are you sure your front ballast is filling. Too much rear weight could cause this.  

Whats your top rpm and mph empty?  Does this match last year?

• Like 2