Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question how often to get 19 23lsv serviced?

Hi All,

Just got 10-20 hr service done on 19 23LSV.

They changed oil, oil filter, transmission fluid and did some other various inspections.

Ended up costing ~$350.

Thought the 'service' would be just an inspection, but guess not. was it really necessary to change all these fluids when the boat is basically brand new?

I would think its needed since anything that needs to be cleaned out in the fluids after the first 10 hours is now cleaned out.

How often should I have the boat worked on for service? I heard @ 50 hrs, 100hrs, 150..etc and obviously beginning and end of season.

Thanks

You have an owner's manual that describes the maintenance schedule.  It should be serviced at 10-20 hours, then at 50 hours and every 50 hours thereafter.  

The fluids needed to be changed early because when brand new parts start for the first few hours, there can be some machining imperfections that cause microscopic shrapnel to float around in the fluid.  Letting that stuff flow for a full 50 hours would not be so good.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, weekender said:

Hi All,

Just got 10-20 hr service done on 19 23LSV.

They changed oil, oil filter, transmission fluid and did some other various inspections.

Ended up costing ~$350.

Thought the 'service' would be just an inspection, but guess not. was it really necessary to change all these fluids when the boat is basically brand new?

I would think its needed since anything that needs to be cleaned out in the fluids after the first 10 hours is now cleaned out.

How often should I have the boat worked on for service? I heard @ 50 hrs, 100hrs, 150..etc and obviously beginning and end of season.

Thanks

The only “service” that has to be done by them is the one you just got done .  You can have them change your oil every 50 hours maybe more or you can , “service” tranny snd vdrive by them once s year with impeller or you can do it 

ahopkins22LSV
13 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

You have an owner's manual that describes the maintenance schedule.  It should be serviced at 10-20 hours, then at 50 hours and every 50 hours thereafter.  

The fluids needed to be changed early because when brand new parts start for the first few hours, there can be some machining imperfections that cause microscopic shrapnel to float around in the fluid.  Letting that stuff flow for a full 50 hours would not be so good.  

:plus1:

There is also the service menu on the 7” screen that shows you what need to be done at what frequency. If you have the boat serviced at the dealer they will check it off in the screen to log it. Or you can do it yourself and check it off yourself. 

A lot of use do our own service. It’s not hard to change the fluids on these boats and there is plenty of info on here to help. You could cut your cost down to about $70 each oil change if you do it yourself.