Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raptor 410 oil & filter?

Looking at my owners manual, I see that it recommends running "semi-synthetic 5W-30 oil meeting the API rating of SN" & lists a part number of 871003.  Is this specific oil I have to get from the dealer, or will any 5W-30 oil meeting the API ratings work?  What are other using in their engines?

It also call for the oil filter with part number 501021....does this need to come from the dealer or are there other filters that can be used?  Any suggestions?

Sorry I not sure what filter you need for a 2013.  Apologies for posting earlier.  I have a Raptor motor which is different.

Check out Bakes Marine.  They show several different types of filters for different Malibu engine generations.

https://www.bakesonline.com/engine/oil-filters.html?manufacturer=119

Edited by ORMailbuboater

What Raptor 410 are you referring to?  And why did a 2013 come up?  I got lost a bit on this thread already   

In general, you can buy any oil that meets the API rating called for.  And people have their favorite brands, but you can cross reference any filter as well.  

If we are indeed talking the Ford Raptor Indmar Monsoon (whichever name you want to call it) 410 from 2016-2018, you can use this filter or cross reference to your local napa, etc.   I bought these off Amazon and they came with the new gasket - my local Napa version did not.  

6F7575DB-0A8B-42DF-B7F2-AF283C403507.jpeg

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, hethj7 said:

What Raptor 410 are you referring to?  And why did a 2013 come up?  I got lost a bit on this thread already   

In general, you can buy any oil that meets the API rating called for.  And people have their favorite brands, but you can cross reference any filter as well.  

Sorry guys, I may have caused some confusion.  I just upgraded from a 2013 VLX to a 2016 LSV & didn't change my profile when I posted.  Yes, I am referring to the 410 from 2016-2018 Ford Raptor/Indmar/Monsoon.  Thanks hethj7 for the cross referenced filter!