Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf wave help 19 24mxz

dreamlifeoc1

can anyone give any suggestions to get the best surf wave (height and length)on the factory ballast on the 2019 24mxz? speed? power wedge setting? ballast? with 3 passengers? thanks. 

ahopkins22LSV

Full tank ballast, full plug b play bags. 10.8-11mph probably and wedge 2-4 from lift depending on rider preference. 

Are you having issues or just looking for a starting point? If just a starting point that will get you going for sure. If you are having issues, we will need more detail. 

29 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Full tank ballast, full plug b play bags. 10.8-11mph probably and wedge 2-4 from lift depending on rider preference. 

Are you having issues or just looking for a starting point? If just a starting point that will get you going for sure. If you are having issues, we will need more detail. 

I don't have plug and play bags. stock ballast only. I know I need bags and some lead, but wondering what is the best wave for what i have including passenger weight.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same boat.  I have gotten a better wave with the plug and play full and a 950 in the bow.  It still isn't right though.  Wedge 2 clicks from lift and 11.2-11.5

On 6/5/2019 at 6:48 PM, dreamlifeoc1 said:

I don't have plug and play bags. stock ballast only. I know I need bags and some lead, but wondering what is the best wave for what i have including passenger weight.

My dealer equips all tow boats with plug and play. They also went with me first time out to make sure everything was working properly. Your dealer should've done this with you, and at that time you would've seen that the wave is crappy and request PNP's. Dealers should know that PNP is essential these days. 

If a dealer sells a bigger Malibu without PNP these days, I'd personally consider switching dealers and brands just because of that. Sure you can easily buy PNP afternmarket but they shouldn't let you out the door without it being arranged if they know their boats.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, NWBU said:

If a dealer sells a bigger Malibu without PNP these days, I'd personally consider switching dealers and brands just because of that. Sure you can easily buy PNP afternmarket but they shouldn't let you out the door without it being arranged if they know their boats.

I agree totally. I would like to know what dealer sold this boat without offering that option. These days, it is almost a standard.

Just now, bbattiste247 said:

I agree totally. I would like to know what dealer sold this boat without offering that option. These days, it is almost a standard. Most people don't use a Malibu for fishing. That is about what it's worth without additional ballast. 

12 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I agree totally. I would like to know what dealer sold this boat without offering that option. These days, it is almost a standard.

Because even with my 20% discount the dealer is making the money not Malibu. My logic was, I am not going to finance a ballast bag and it was cheaper than putting it on the build sheet.

1 hour ago, wdr said:

Because even with my 20% discount the dealer is making the money not Malibu. My logic was, I am not going to finance a ballast bag and it was cheaper than putting it on the build sheet.

To clarify, I don’t have any issue with that approach. Rather it’s the posts we see like this every summer where people end up thinking they won’t get PNP and can’t figure out why there’s no wave behind their boat.

18 minutes ago, NWBU said:

To clarify, I don’t have any issue with that approach. Rather it’s the posts we see like this every summer where people end up thinking they won’t get PNP and can’t figure out why there’s no wave behind their boat.

Yea, I knew better just saving a buck.