Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Axis T23 , help setup?

Surf208

Hello!

Last year we purchased a new to us 2016 axis t23. First day out on the water, we lost the transmission and drive in the boat and spent the rest of the summer battling with the local dealer. Long story short, they had never contacted the manufacturers to try and cover these parts under warranty and tried to get us to pay for it out of pocket until we took it into our own hands and contacted the relevant people. It ended up fully covered and finally this summer we will be using our boat. 

My question is this... The boat is equipped with the 450 motor and has the plug and play bags installed. I believe they are 1000lbs in either rear locker and something like 400 in the bow. What are people running in these to get the best surf wake possible, and at what speed? We were only able to go out a few times and just loaded the whole thing down, with about 5 passengers in the boat, too. We went about 11mph, and the wave was good, just not as good as i thought it would be. Way better than our 08 SANTE 210, but just wondering if yall have any pointers? I know a lot of this will be trial and error, but looking for a good starting point.

Thanks in advance.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:34 PM, boardjnky4 said:

Probably just need to add some bow weight. 1000s in the rear lockers is aggressive.

Ok. And I’m assuming the auto wedge on top of that will be a bit much? Is it a good idea to throw lead up in the bow?

17 minutes ago, Surf208 said:

Ok. And I’m assuming the auto wedge on top of that will be a bit much? Is it a good idea to throw lead up in the bow?

Lead will work, yeah.

If it's balanced with lead in the front, you should be able to use the wedge.

The other thing you'll want to do is check your speed calibration. Get a speedometer app for your phone that reads decimals and check that your speedo is accurate.

Once you do all of that, you can post pics or videos here, with details on the ballast and speed setup, and the folks here can make solid suggestions to change it and better it.