Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 MALIBU BOATS RECALL, Non Operational

bbattiste247

11 hours ago, breakz77 said:

No pressure test is being done after the swap at the dealers.

Ran perfect on Sunday and no issues or leaks.

That would be their choice that they are responsible for. 

Edited by Sparky450

when you open you gas cap you can tell if your tank is pressurized. If Theres no pressure could that be a tell tale that your grommet is defective or not replaced correctly 

10 hours ago, LucasC said:

when you open you gas cap you can tell if your tank is pressurized. If Theres no pressure could that be a tell tale that your grommet is defective or not replaced correctly 

Good call. Got the letter 3 days ago... called my dealer today. My particular dealer doesn't take appointments for service and usually quote me with 1 week to 1.5 week turn around... however when I spoke to them today they said if I could get it to them they would do it while I waited. (Texas Malibu Austin)  Fingers crossed its that easy. 

I haven't received a call or letter and my build date fits the indicated time slot. When I pop the fuel filler cover there is a significant pressure release.  Is this a pretty good indicator that my gasket is performing as intended? 

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

I haven't received a call or letter and my build date fits the indicated time slot. When I pop the fuel filler cover there is a significant pressure release.  Is this a pretty good indicator that my gasket is performing as intended? 

Confirm with your dealer.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, jtryon said:

does this affect brands other than malibu/axis?

Yes, my 2019 MB with the Ford Raptor engine was recalled as well. 

• 7 months later...

FYI, all affected Malibu and Axis boats under this recall have been completed.

May be good info for anyone in the future who buys one and runs across the recall.

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...

I just got our 2019 22LSV back from our dealer who had to replace our engine for the 2nd time this summer. Was receiving an oil pressure low warning again.

Apparently there was an issue with the oil pumps in those year PCM motors

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if you can just purchase these grommets online? Bakes or ? Bought a 2019 boat from California and it was seemingly never done as it leaked everywhere. Local dealer is about 2 hours away.

The upgrade comes in a kit. I stood and watched the kid put it in. @ 15 minute hand tool job with having to pull the floor panel. Will Malibu sell the kit is the $54k question. This is the one thing that I think I would bite the bullet on and let the dealer handle. If they are expecting you, you shouldn’t be at the dealer more than 30 minutes. JM2C

I agree, although if it's that easy to put in, I'd happily purchase the kit from Malibu and do it myself. Since I purchased the boat somewhere else, the local dealer would put me at the back of the line and probably book me in for September!

One word, liability. It may be a pain for you,  but if the dealer does the install, if the problem reoccurs or god forbid something else worse occurs you are covered. I would call the service department and see what you can work out. Being from the great white north, you have to be at least another 2 months from getting on the water and you might be ahead of the rush and won’t be out anytime. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an older thread but I have a 2018 21 VLX and same TI part # in my boat 3616-01 posted here.  Noticed after putting gas in boat last week to begin summerize that the fuel pump regulator was popped out a bit on one side.  I took my floor panel out to power wash the stains on my flooring and that's how I saw it.   Simply pushed it back down to seat in but now seeing thread, wondering if reason it happened was the recall of the grommet and anyone else have this for 18's?  Haven't fired it up yet but was planning on getting it ready this week for the water. Called Malibu shop and they seemed to not know of this issue. Thx.