Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 MALIBU BOATS RECALL, Non Operational

bbattiste247

24 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Can someone explain why the fuel system has to be pressurized?  I understand the concept for sure to check for leaks, but this means we don't trust the new grommet?  

It is obviously something that is not routinely done with changing the fuel pump since a large dealer like Boulder Boats doesn't even have the capacity to do it right now, and fuel pumps fail with some regularity.   

I'd say the pressure check is to make sure the new grommet was put in correctly?

32 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Can someone explain why the fuel system has to be pressurized?  I understand the concept for sure to check for leaks, but this means we don't trust the new grommet?  

It is obviously something that is not routinely done with changing the fuel pump since a large dealer like Boulder Boats doesn't even have the capacity to do it right now, and fuel pumps fail with some regularity.   

Good question but I wouldn't be surprised if doing a system pressure test is actually part of the required service sequence(in the service manual) for a new fuel pump, especially for the newer high pressure di motors.  Seems like a good step to ensure the fuel line from the pump doesn't have any leaks.  Doesn't mean every dealer/tech did a test (especially if they didn't have the equipment.)

21 hours ago, semi said:

it is affecting other boats. I have a raptor and its affected. 

1 hour ago, dreamlifeoc1 said:

in checking around this seems to be a 25lsv issue? 

Crap. I smelled gas during the first part of our first time out last Saturday.  I opened up the engine compartment and did not smell anything so thought it was just from sloshing around on way to lake.  Didn’t smell it again rest of trip or next day uncovering or covering it to take to storage.  I will have to call the dealer. 

8 hours ago, Ingineer66 said:

Crap. I smelled gas during the first part of our first time out last Saturday.  I opened up the engine compartment and did not smell anything so thought it was just from sloshing around on way to lake.  Didn’t smell it again rest of trip or next day uncovering or covering it to take to storage.  I will have to call the dealer. 

Your boat is listed as a 2012 model in your profile. This recall is for 2019 model year boats. BUT...If you are smelling fuel, get that checked out. We don't need to be losing any members to a burning boat.

• Like 2

Larson Marine has the parts. Said they will fix it while I wait this week when I bring it in.  Still no official notification from anybody.  25 mph winds this weekend so not missing anything. 

Certified letter (you must sign for it) from Malibu just arrived today disclosing the issue and stating not to use the boat till fixed. Kudos to my dealer to getting the issue fixed before the letter even arrived.

image.thumb.jpg.b87c8a1462a2ba05f4f778ba9bd4a5e9.jpg

Edited by gregtay
  • Like 3

All 2019 malibu boats must replace fuel system, this is happen to me - a huge gas leak in to the boat , around 4" in blige pump area , when we was wake surfing.  All got panic , smell of gas everywhere pf the boat  full of kids..

My boat was build September 20l18 but year is 2019 

Do not use the boat!! 

On 6/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, Ingineer66 said:

Just got the Certified Letter.  They could have sent an email 3 days ago. 

I only check my mail about every three weeks. A good thing my dealer notified me. 

14 hours ago, Nati said:

All 2019 malibu boats must replace fuel pressure regulator grommet, this is happen to me - a huge gas leak in to the boat , around 4" in blige pump area , when we was wake surfing.  All got panic , smell of gas everywhere pf the boat  full of kids..

Do not use the boat!! 

Fixed it for you. No need to cause panic.

• Like 1
On 6/6/2019 at 10:00 AM, mrnate450r said:

@TWeb12 is this what was wrong with yours? 

Yep, that is what they had to fix on mine.  My dealer had it fixed within a day and we were back on the water.

ahopkins22LSV
15 hours ago, Nati said:

All 2019 malibu boats must replace fuel pressure regulator grommet , this is happen to me - a huge gas leak in to the boat , around 4" in blige pump area , when we was wake surfing.  All got panic , smell of gas everywhere pf the boat  full of kids..

Do not use the boat!! 

1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Fixed it for you. No need to cause panic.

Also it is not every 2019 boat. It’s from September build boats on. Each dealer has a specific list of 2019 boats that are effected. Ours was built late July/early August and is not on the list. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Nati said:

All 2019 malibu boats must replace fuel system, this is happen to me - a huge gas leak in to the boat , around 4" in blige pump area , when we was wake surfing.  All got panic , smell of gas everywhere pf the boat  full of kids..

Do not use the boat!! 

FYI- It does not affect all 2019's, mine was also an early build and I spoke with my dealer and I am not on "The List".

1 hour ago, breakz77 said:

It was an easy fix... went to my dealer they told me how to do it with printed instructions. Only took me 20 mins to do.

Did you pressure test the fuel tank? 

Lots of liability with a fuel pressure issue to let a customer do it. No offence towards you or your mechanical abilities or how hard it is. Your dealer is responsible for the repair be completed per the coast guard.