Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 Malibu Wakesetter ballast float inop

Ellisv3

Looking for a little help. On my 08 Malibu 247 LSV the center and front tanks aren’t registering how full they are. The pumps are working but the floats aren’t. 

I have pulled them out. ( Not stuck, ground is good) I have played with them to see if they would work but nothing. The 2nd wire going into sensor... should this have power to it or is it a grounded system as well? I’m hoping someone has had this problem and it’s not in the MUX. Any help appreciated. Thank you

3 minutes ago, Ellisv3 said:

Looking for a little help. On my 08 Malibu 247 LSV the center and front tanks aren’t registering how full they are. The pumps are working but the floats aren’t. 

I have pulled them out. ( Not stuck, ground is good) I have played with them to see if they would work but nothing. The 2nd wire going into sensor... should this have power to it or is it a grounded system as well? I’m hoping someone has had this problem and it’s not in the MUX. Any help appreciated. Thank you

What did you play with? Did you check with an ohm meter to see if it is open, or has proper resistance? MUX panel has nothing to do with with gauges. 

This for a fuel sending unit but same concept:

All I did was remove and play with float to see if it was stuck. Held up to top and checked gauges. Nothing changed. I will get an ohms meter on it and see what I have. Is there a place I can see the wiring diagram for the sensors? What ohms should be coming through the tan/red stripe wire. Any idea

8 minutes ago, Ellisv3 said:

All I did was remove and play with float to see if it was stuck. Held up to top and checked gauges. Nothing changed. I will get an ohms meter on it and see what I have. Is there a place I can see the wiring diagram for the sensors? What ohms should be coming through the tan/red stripe wire. Any idea

Got me on that one.. I would first check if it is reading open (open circuit) which would a bad sending unit. If has resistance, check empty then full. notate readings. Then move the arm up and down and see if the readings are plausible between them. A bad unit will also have resistance, but will vary and not be consistent