Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who says Malibu doesn’t pay attention to details? Check out the trailer lights

hethj7

25 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

I believe that is an option. Mine does not do that. 

But it is really cool!! 

Correct, it is a $277 option (no clue why they wouldn’t make this standard to promote their brand a little with something cool!) I get charging for some stuff... but almost $300 for this cool little branding feature? That’s when I think they get a little ridiculous with their pricing.

other cool trailer options that very few people order:

Integrated tool box : $535

Hidden wheel chock: $139

shadow sun lighting: $277

Runway lighting: $463

Electric brakes: $2675

Bow Step $277

Galvanized axles $552

That’s not even getting into color options and wheel options. Basically you can spend a ton in trailer upgrades!

Well, now I see it on the build sheet.  Guess I never knew quite what all I was paying for when taking a boat off the dealer lot.  Hidden wheel chock?  That may be worth it but my build didn’t have that box checked.  

I wouldn’t normally check the box either.  But apparently I paid it since it is on the build sheet. Being a stock boat I paid more attention to the major options I wanted - the overall price was right and the wife loved the colors, so discussion of sun logos never came up. :)

ahopkins22LSV

Yeah that is very cool, I didn't go with it though either. The glow of the white LED on the ground from the standard lighting is quite nice and helps backing into the driveway at night!

I don't get the complaints about having all of these options. They are options, don't select it if you won't want it lol. I'd rather have individual options to select exactly what I want rather than being cornered into a package with a bunch of stuff I don't want to get one thing I want, like on cars and trucks...

• Like 3
14 hours ago, gregtay said:

Correct, it is a $277 option (no clue why they wouldn’t make this standard to promote their brand a little with something cool!) I get charging for some stuff... but almost $300 for this cool little branding feature? That’s when I think they get a little ridiculous with their pricing.

Bow Step $277

Galvanized axles $552

That’s not even getting into color options and wheel options. Basically you can spend a ton in trailer upgrades!

$2600 for electric brakes!!!:shocked: That's ridiculous.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah that is very cool, I didn't go with it though either. The glow of the white LED on the ground from the standard lighting is quite nice and helps backing into the driveway at night!

I don't get the complaints about having all of these options. They are options, don't select it if you won't want it lol. I'd rather have individual options to select exactly what I want rather than being cornered into a package with a bunch of stuff I don't want to get one thing I want, like on cars and trucks...

I don't think there was any complaining.. I think the options are cool.  I do think casting the Malibu logo on the ground should be standard and something Malibu does just to make their trailers a little special and promote their brand. Just seems silly to make people pay for that one.  

10 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I don't think there was any complaining.. I think the options are cool.  I do think casting the Malibu logo on the ground should be standard and something Malibu does just to make their trailers a little special and promote their brand. Just seems silly to make people pay for that one.  

So, the presumed downside of this - there is a cover plate under the fender with the cutouts in it.  I had a marker lamp not working and reached under there thinking it may just be unplugged but found the cover plate in the way.  That is not how my 2016 trailer was.  I assume without the ground logos that plate would not be installed and wiring access would be better. No complaints, but just a realization that nothing is ever perfect.  They could probably find a different way to cast the logos though.  

ahopkins22LSV
45 minutes ago, gregtay said:

You weren’t. I’m sorry, a lot of times people do complain that everything is an option and say this or that should be standard but don’t get that it will just inflate the base msrp so I jumped to a conclusion. 

14 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I agree. My wife just got a car. The packages were driving us nuts. 

Edited by Gavin17
  • 1 year later...
On 6/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, hethj7 said:

Cool touch here - the cutouts show the logo!  Props to my wife for pointing it out.

E0046F10-43D4-45A8-9D0E-B65EBC9C09A1.jpeg

Old post but anyone know the type of light I need for this. Noticed last summer I had one burned out. Boats about an hr away so figured I’d ask. Tia

ahopkins22LSV

I believe it’s waterproof white led strip. About a foot long. Can buy a roll and cut to length. 

When you get a chance to get to the boat, double check the connections. One might have worked it’s way out. I have that happen on one of my transom brake lights last year. 

• 9 months later...
On 6/4/2019 at 11:36 PM, gregtay said:

Bow Step $277

Galvanized axles $552

Proving that some people will pay for anything.