Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Malibu 22 MXZ vs 2019 Malibu 23 LSV

Gowens

Currently own an Axis A22 and am looking to upgrade into a Malibu. When narrowing down our options the two boats that best fit our needs were the 22 mxz and the 23 lsv. We surf 75% of the time and wakeboard the other 25%. I understand the difference in the bows but am looking for some public opinion outside of our dealer on the boats wake surf and wakeboard performance or even just the two boats in general. if we were to get an mxz it would be 2018 and if we were to get an lsv it would most likely be 2019. 

On 6/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, Gowens said:

Currently own an Axis A22 and am looking to upgrade into a Malibu. When narrowing down our options the two boats that best fit our needs were the 22 mxz and the 23 lsv. We surf 75% of the time and wakeboard the other 25%. I understand the difference in the bows but am looking for some public opinion outside of our dealer on the boats wake surf and wakeboard performance or even just the two boats in general. if we were to get an mxz it would be 2018 and if we were to get an lsv it would most likely be 2019. 

I assume you are considering these two due them coming in price wise in the same ball park?  

I doubt you’ll notice much difference between the surf waves, both are really good. I’ve been told the LSV’s wake is narrower than the 22 MXZ’s wake but I don’t have any personal experience to compare that between the boats.

LSV resale tends to be better too, since the traditional bows sell more quickly.

I’d demo both and see if you notice any differences that really push you one way or the other. Both are great boats but I’m loving the quieter ‘19s.

I don’t think you would be disappointed with wave/wake performance on either.  The 2017 hull redesign on the MXZ was a home run - great behind boat performance.  And of course, the 2018 redesign of the LSV followed suit.  It mainly would be about design preference and features - bow, walkthrough transom, cabin space, storage or slip size, colors, etc. The 2019 with the new Malibu motor (if equipped) would get my nod over a 2018MXZ.  2019 has new vinyl as well.  Jury is still out if it is “better” but folks seem to like to so far.  PW3 is a new for 2019 feature as well although so far I can’t say that would sway me one way or the other.