Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior Speakers Not Working 25 LSV

CaptainCrunch10

2 hours ago, MLA said:

I would actually argue the contrary. Combining the batteries sums the available amp hours. This would reduce the voltage drop, compared to a single battery carrying the same load. This is the solution Supra is using right now, to "fix" the very issue of the stereo cycling during starting. They issued a TSB to run their 1/2/BOTH switch on 1+2.

Wouldn't that depend on how low you are running the batteries down before trying to start?

1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Wouldn't that depend on how low you are running the batteries down before trying to start?

Sure, theres almost always some variable to any scenario. Thats part of why fix is in "" marks. If you anchor all day on one bank, I would certainly not suggest one click over to COMBINE to start. Along those same lines, if one anchored all day on COMBINE, I would then not suggest they click to a single bank for starting. They run the risk of not starting on COMBINE, and double the risk of not starting, when they go to a single bank and cut the available amps in half. 

• 2 weeks later...

Our 22 MXZ had the same problem straight from the dealer, inside speakers and subwoofer not working. They are replacing the amp, I am hoping it also powers the sub and will fix that too. Still on order so don't know the outcome yet. 

On 10/3/2019 at 8:30 AM, GDLions said:

Our 22 MXZ had the same problem straight from the dealer, inside speakers and subwoofer not working. They are replacing the amp, I am hoping it also powers the sub and will fix that too. Still on order so don't know the outcome yet. 

Let us know if the new amp fixes the problem, I would like to get mine fixed but I don't want to take all the way to the dealer for this if they don't know how to fix it.

THanks,

Nate

6 hours ago, ncarilli said:

Let us know if the new amp fixes the problem, I would like to get mine fixed but I don't want to take all the way to the dealer for this if they don't know how to fix it.

THanks,

Nate

Will do. Might be awhile before I know, they are going to fix it this winter while it's in storage. I will keep you posted though. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's crazy that so many of us have this same problem but there is no solution.  I am fine with cycling my stereo every time I start the boat but I really want to get this fixed the right way because it annoying.  If anyone finds out a fix please let us know!  I will do the same!

Nate

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here. 2019 demo boat, did our final walkthrough today and paid for it. Noticed only tower speakers working. Service is suppose to take care of this before winterizing and wrapping. Hopefully it works when we open it up in spring. 

On 11/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, Acs said:

Same issue here. 2019 demo boat, did our final walkthrough today and paid for it. Noticed only tower speakers working. Service is suppose to take care of this before winterizing and wrapping. Hopefully it works when we open it up in spring. 

Let us know what they end up doing to fix this!

• 4 months later...

Anyone ever get a fix for the inboat amp turning off when you start the boat?  You have to turn off the stereo and turn back on when engine is running to get the inboat amp to stay on... My boat is at the dealer now but I figured if I can point them in the right direction that may save some time.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Additional battery Ah will serve you better then a large capacitor. or, convert the 1/2/BOTH switch to an OFF/ON/COMBINE switch and ACR. Now you have a dedicated house and dedicated cranking bank. 

1 hour ago, Nalsv said:

Hey has anyone tried installing a capacitor onto the system to keep the voltage consistant to the amps. I'm no engineer but I think this might fix our problem. 

Just my opinion, but caps are worthless. This is coming from 20+ years of custom car audio experience. Bigger alternator and bigger or extra battery would be a better choice.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, ncarilli said:

Anyone ever get a fix for the inboat amp turning off when you start the boat?  You have to turn off the stereo and turn back on when engine is running to get the inboat amp to stay on... My boat is at the dealer now but I figured if I can point them in the right direction that may save some time.  Thanks!

There may be an updated stereo program that takes care of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same issue of my interior speakers and sub dropping off during start ups and getting the amp flashing a code for  "short channel 1 or 2".  I could cycle the stereo power and the code would go away and everything fine,  until I did the next engine restart. 

As I looked, I was running the batteries in position #1,  which was the deep cycle  on my boat, for normal use.  As soon as I changed over to #2 the cranking battery, I have not had the amp throw a code since.  I wouldn't have thought it would have made a difference, but I never really looked at which battery was which, and made a general assumption.  That will teach me.  Makes me wonder if the cranking battery has just enough more CCA  (then the deep cycle), that it provides a little more buffer for the stereo during the engine restarts

All I know is my stereo gremlin went away...

Edited by DwayneE
1 hour ago, DwayneE said:

I was having the same issue of my interior speakers and sub dropping off during start ups and getting the amp flashing a code for  "short channel 1 or 2".  I could cycle the stereo power and the code would go away and everything fine,  until I did the next engine restart. 

As I looked, I was running the batteries in position #1,  which was the deep cycle  on my boat, for normal use.  As soon as I changed over to #2 the cranking battery, I have not had the amp throw a code since.  I wouldn't have thought it would have made a difference, but I never really looked at which battery was which, and made a general assumption.  That will teach me.  Makes me wonder if the cranking battery has just enough more CCA  (then the deep cycle), that it provides a little more buffer for the stereo during the engine restarts

All I know is my stereo gremlin went away...

Did you replace your batteries? If your boat is stock, you know both batteries are the same? 

ahopkins22LSV
37 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Did you replace your batteries? If your boat is stock, you know both batteries are the same? 

My 2020 came with a cranking and a deep cycle. My 2019 did not. I know dealers add the majority of batteries as part of the prep, so it’s probably up to the dealer but maybe Malibu instructed dealers to do it differently this year?

2 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

2 deep cycles in my 18 lsv installed by dealer.

Are those true deep cycle, or "marine deep cycle?"  True deep cycle batteries won't last as long for cranking a big engine.  Marine deep cycle batteries have plates made for the compromise of long, slower draw combined with occasional high current surges.

11 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

2 deep cycles in my 18 lsv installed by dealer.

5 minutes ago, justgary said:

Are those true deep cycle, or "marine deep cycle?"  True deep cycle batteries won't last as long for cranking a big engine.  Marine deep cycle batteries have plates made for the compromise of long, slower draw combined with occasional high current surges.

Interstates let me see if I can find it. Here it is.image.thumb.png.5a56f4bb14d3e1f3251c1d7e309ef5a4.pngimage.thumb.png.4430cb66d16c0402b1bbaea146e7c2fe.png

6 hours ago, dalt1 said:

This pic reminds me,

I need to check water level in them for the year.

Yeah, marine deep cycle.  That's a better choice for most applications on a boat.  A true deep cycle won't mention "Cold Cranking Amps" or "Marine Cranking Amps" or anything like that, just an Amp Hour rating.  They probably also want a different charge profile than a cranking battery as well.

What you basically have is a cranking battery with plates designed to not mind too much if you drain them more than you should.  Keep in mind, though, that the deeper you drain a lead-acid battery, the shorter its life will be.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, ncarilli said:

I’ve been having this problem since I’ve had my boat, purchased last July. Only 50 hrs. Dealer replaced the amp this winter. Still having the same problem.  Will be in touch with them this week. 

so this was happening on my lsv i just took it to the dealer monday, got a call today that it needed a software update and it should be fixed now. thsi response to me sounds generic and over used. but i will give them the benefit of the doubt

also if youve been following along my boat wouldnt turn off when i push the power button.. well this is now fixed. updated software fixed this. 

going out this weekend will let you know

I went all weekend again,  with no interior amp issues.  As soon as I changed the switch position to make sure I was starting the boat using the Cranking battery,  instead of the Marine Deep Cycle, the amp has not thrown any fault codes.   I fought this all last season, and seems to be gone.