Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WS REVO XXX CAST ACRYLIC ENCLOSURE WINDOW

bcummins

Just getting started planning our system upgrades and sub is first on the list.

So far I'm thinking WS REVO 12 XXX V4-B (Dual 2 ohms, RMS 1200W) driven by a dedicated SYN-DX2.3 HP

Specs say optimized for 1.2 cu ft sealed enclosure or 1.8 cu ft ported enclosure. 

Was curious if anyone has built something similar to this. Thoughts?

Do you think this is fully sealed or ported? Would there be any concern porting under the dash?

I think that's another sound bar above it but not sure.

Thx in advance for any input or links to other projects.

37027469_10155418559976960_6244607819585159168_n.jpg

37066133_10155418559781960_8694546088226455552_n.jpg

37072682_10155418560156960_5443517460202389504_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

From what I've seen, Dreamwork's boxes are ported.

Yes, just reached out to them and they confirmed that. Do you think it ports to the inside? The black box in the img above looked like a sound bar to me, but maybe that's a screen for the port?

6 minutes ago, bcummins said:

Yes, just reached out to them and they confirmed that. Do you think it ports to the inside? The black box in the img above looked like a sound bar to me, but maybe that's a screen for the port?

I think it's a screen for the port. The 25LSV from the boat show was done similarly

FYI -Tom from ncwakelife

Edited by boardjnky4
14 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

I think it's a screen for the port. The 25LSV from the boat show was done similarly

FYI -Tom from ncwakelife

Nice...thx, Tom. You headed up to Kerr on the 20th?

Just starting to get my thoughts down on audio. It's been some years since I built a system....and first time for marine.

Dig the look DW did though so if I can find or come up w a good plan for the enclosure I'd definitely give it a shot.

I also want to swap out our stock REV 8/SYN-DX2 for REV10s with maybe a second SYN-DX2.3 HP to have enough to push 4 REV10s if we want to in the future.

If we start with 2 REV10s (4 ohms, 300 RMS) seems like the SYN-DX2.3 HP (300W x 2 @ 4 Ohms) would be a good match.

If we did step up to 4 REV10s I think we could run parallel at 2 Ohms (SYN-DX2.3 HP,  600W x 2 @ 2 Ohms) and have plenty of power. 

Do you know what tower wiring (if any) would be required? I have looked yet, but I imagine there's just one run to each WS REV8 that came from the factory. 

Seems like I've seen on this forum that they're both run up the port tower base (not sure).

Any thoughts on running the REV10s at 2 Ohms? And, if that would require 2 additional runs or would the gauge wire handle running parallel between each set of the REV10s?

Like I said...it's been a while, and I'm just trying to get this straight in my head again.

Feel free to correct me if/where I'm off.

And, thx again!

On 6/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, bcummins said:

Nice...thx, Tom. You headed up to Kerr on the 20th?

Just starting to get my thoughts down on audio. It's been some years since I built a system....and first time for marine.

Dig the look DW did though so if I can find or come up w a good plan for the enclosure I'd definitely give it a shot.

I also want to swap out our stock REV 8/SYN-DX2 for REV10s with maybe a second SYN-DX2.3 HP to have enough to push 4 REV10s if we want to in the future.

If we start with 2 REV10s (4 ohms, 300 RMS) seems like the SYN-DX2.3 HP (300W x 2 @ 4 Ohms) would be a good match.

If we did step up to 4 REV10s I think we could run parallel at 2 Ohms (SYN-DX2.3 HP,  600W x 2 @ 2 Ohms) and have plenty of power. 

Do you know what tower wiring (if any) would be required? I have looked yet, but I imagine there's just one run to each WS REV8 that came from the factory. 

Seems like I've seen on this forum that they're both run up the port tower base (not sure).

Any thoughts on running the REV10s at 2 Ohms? And, if that would require 2 additional runs or would the gauge wire handle running parallel between each set of the REV10s?

Like I said...it's been a while, and I'm just trying to get this straight in my head again.

Feel free to correct me if/where I'm off.

And, thx again!

Yes, will be there! Hope to see yall there.

For 4 Rev 10s, you can do that, or bump up to an SDX2.

Existing tower wiring should be OK, to put the speakers in parallel, you would just split the connection off in the tower. You can tie them together anywhere, either at the amp, or right at the speaker. I'm sure there's maybe some pro/con to doing it either way. It MIGHT be better to run some fresh 12 gauge wiring, but IMO it's just overkill. I ran 14 gauge in my tower, but I'm only running a single pair of Rev 10s.

image.png.7d3a93db6d77af20eab55af8405d8250.png

When you put 2 Rev10s in parallel that way, the speakers still run at 4 ohms, but it presents a 2 ohm load to the amp. In the example above, you have 2 x 8 ohm speakers which present a 4 ohm load.

Edited by boardjnky4

IMO, the factory tower wiring is too small for that kind of amp wattage with a single 2-con supplying a pair of speakers at 600W rms total p/chnl. I dont worry about the number or size of speakers, its about the amp wattage.