Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plug-n-Play Question

truckjunky87

This is probably an easy question for many to answer but this is my first wakeboat and first boat with factory ballast system.

I bought a 2013 VTX last fall.  The previous owner pointed out the hoses for the PNP system and just said that if I wanted to I could get a bag and hook them up.

Jump forward to last week and the weather finally allowed my to get out on the water and finish testing all the systems out and when filling my rear tanks water was pouring out of the PNP hoses and filling up the boat.  I don't think that's how they're supposed to work.  Is there a shut off valve?  Obviously if I hook them up to a bag it shouldn't be a problem but if I don't have bags in there how do I not flood the boat?

Edited by truckjunky87
tpyo

When the boat leaves the factory, they have caps installed into the pnp quick fittings.  My guess is previous owner threw them away after installing bags.  You should be able to get some from Wakemakers.  If you know the hose diameter, I'm sure some crew members have some laying around they'd be willing to part with.  I have all mine from my old Axis as well as my new boat.  Just can't seem to pitch those things.

Yes, this is how they work...if you have bags attached to the plumbing, that is. Kinda weak of him to snag his bags out without mentioning that you are going to need to cap the open plumbing that he just passed along to you. Or, better yet, provide you with new caps before selling it to you.