Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
agarabaghi

2020 Axis Line Up - Rumors and wishes

Recommended Posts

agarabaghi

Well guys... the 2020 shoot is done.... what do we know? what do we want....

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
prion
Posted (edited)

My wishlist would be:

Cable Assisted Tower

Color matched windshield frame options

Rear walkthrough

Edited by prion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
agarabaghi

pass on the first 2 

rear walkthrough would be nice, even its just a pad on the sundeck and the slider seat.

 

I would like to see a color screen with profiles

Malibu engines..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
formerathlete
Posted (edited)

I'm curious too. We decided to take our dealer's last slot for a 2019 A22 instead of waiting for a 2020 at the boat show. Delivery date is the end of this month. So, I'm hoping we didn't pass up on too many drastic changes, haha! 2019 seems like the best yet and we just couldn't pass up the deal and the chance to have the boat this summer.

Edited by formerathlete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onwi
On 6/3/2019 at 7:45 AM, prion said:

My wishlist would be:

Cable Assisted Tower

Color matched windshield frame options

Rear walkthrough

Cable assisted tower and the walkthrough would be huge IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
agarabaghi
16 hours ago, formerathlete said:

I'm curious too. We decided to take our dealer's last slot for a 2019 A22 instead of waiting for a 2020 at the boat show. Delivery date is the end of this month. So, I'm hoping we didn't pass up on too many drastic changes, haha! 2019 seems like the best yet and we just couldn't pass up the deal and the chance to have the boat this summer.

I think any changes will be aesthetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raimie

I am guessing a head unit change. Even with the knob on the '19s, it still sucks.

Additionally, a couple more vinyl colors (carry over from Malibu)

Optional height adjusting seat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MFknK
5 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

I think any changes will be aesthetic. 

I agree. 

Though the head unit does need a big change, I think they have to much invested in it to scrap it. 

 

The walk through in the rear should be easy enough to accomplish though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vanamp

I wish they would actually make a little effort in a ballast design.  I open my center hatch and just shake my head.  Give any of us 5 minutes and a dull crayon and we could design a better performing easier to service system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tjards

hoping for softgrip color options and the sepia brown seats like I keep seeing on all the axis overseas

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
prion
22 hours ago, onwi said:

Cable assisted tower and the walkthrough would be huge IMO.

Agreed, I had the sound pack 3 on my last A22, it took both my wife and I to raise and lower that tower. It was a huge pain. I went with sound pack 2 on my 18 just so I can lower the tower by myself.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Plilernator

I have an 18 a24 but I really can’t think of anything that would knock my socks off. The only thing on the 19 I desired was the pw3 since it had a few more settings. I would like to see axis to continue to push toward greater function particularly in the drive ability, serviceability, durability, and improvements that effect the wake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
agarabaghi

Sound Pack 3 is less tower speakers than sound pack 2. Dual rev 8 or 10s i forget vs 4 icon 8s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4

Someone on the FB Group said they went in to order one and was told that M5DI and M6DI would be the engine choices. No mas PCM/Crusader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onwi
11 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

Sound Pack 3 is less tower speakers than sound pack 2. Dual rev 8 or 10s i forget vs 4 icon 8s

I thought you had the option of sound pack 1, 2.2, 2.4, 3.2, 3.4.  With 1 only a head unit and 4 cabin speakers.  The remaining all had the sub and 6 cabin with sound pack 2 having either 2 or 4 icon 8s and sound pack 3 having either 2 or 4 rev10s.  Is that not right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
agarabaghi

i am not sure.

I know sound pack 2 is included if i remember correctly (6speakers 10" sub 4 icon 8s 2 amps) sound pack 3 was rev 8 or 10 a 12" sub and bigger amps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
granddaddy55
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 8:16 AM, prion said:

Agreed, I had the sound pack 3 on my last A22, it took both my wife and I to raise and lower that tower. It was a huge pain. I went with sound pack 2 on my 18 just so I can lower the tower by myself.

 

 

I have the 14’ fat ax tower and my wife nixed the Rev 410 I was going to put in the middle after she helped me put it up with just a pair of Rev8’s.  She has to help me with the Up, down I can handle but with the 410 would  cause my center support pole on the tranny cover wasn’t going to work anymore  to set it down on

the rev8’s are as loud as my wife would ever want , she’s always saying turn it down unless she’s the rider/surfer

Edited by granddaddy55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
st22eve
On 6/6/2019 at 10:36 AM, onwi said:

I thought you had the option of sound pack 1, 2.2, 2.4, 3.2, 3.4.  With 1 only a head unit and 4 cabin speakers.  The remaining all had the sub and 6 cabin with sound pack 2 having either 2 or 4 icon 8s and sound pack 3 having either 2 or 4 rev10s.  Is that not right?

You are correct!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carguy79ta

I had an 15 A22 with sp3. 2 pair rev410s. It was unbelievably awesome.  When I was surfing, it actually hurt my ears. Guys riding 90 ft out, couldn't believe how loud it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guppydriver

I’d like to see a “tower pre wire” option so I could add speakers later at a more reasonable cost when it works financially. The way it works now, I feel obligated to choose the boat with sp2 because of the install cost of adding tower speakers after the fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4
7 minutes ago, Guppydriver said:

I’d like to see a “tower pre wire” option so I could add speakers later at a more reasonable cost when it works financially. The way it works now, I feel obligated to choose the boat with sp2 because of the install cost of adding tower speakers after the fact. 

It took me, literally, probably 15-20 minutes to run wiring in my tower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smuurph84

may have been fixed on the newer models but radio screen display ( my 2016 is impossible to see/read while driving) PIA! 

adjustable seat (up and down)

does anyone know what they have at the subwoofer spot if you don't do the sub ( just fiberglass I guess?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guppydriver
2 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

It took me, literally, probably 15-20 minutes to run wiring in my tower.

Which means it would take me 8-9 hours 😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
granddaddy55
17 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

I’d like to see a “tower pre wire” option so I could add speakers later at a more reasonable cost when it works financially. The way it works now, I feel obligated to choose the boat with sp2 because of the install cost of adding tower speakers after the fact. 

This was done intentionally , I had a pre wired tower in my ‘14. If you think about it why would they do it for you.  

Only one thing, when you want to run additional wires like rgb, it made it harder then running all at the same time 

The Axis tower with nothing in it is an easy fish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onwi
On 6/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, boardjnky4 said:

Someone on the FB Group said they went in to order one and was told that M5DI and M6DI would be the engine choices. No mas PCM/Crusader.

Saw an instagram clip of the M5 being loaded into T22s in Australia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...