Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 bimini 24mxz

dreamlifeoc1

anyone know any tutorials on putting up and folding  down the bimini? I was able to get it but just seemed like too much trouble and there is probably an easier way.

8 hours ago, dreamlifeoc1 said:

anyone know any tutorials on putting up and folding  down the bimini? I was able to get it but just seemed like too much trouble and there is probably an easier way.

Which tower and which Bimini? If it is a flip Bimini it is pretty much just opening up the Bimini (taking off the cover and unwrapping it) , locking in the two supports then securing the Velcro tabs around the frame. You might have the new tilt mounts which are there to allow you to lay the Bimini down lower when the tower is down (for a garage/bridge.)

5 hours ago, gregtay said:

Which tower and which Bimini? If it is a flip Bimini it is pretty much just opening up the Bimini (taking off the cover and unwrapping it) , locking in the two supports then securing the Velcro tabs around the frame. You might have the new tilt mounts which are there to allow you to lay the Bimini down lower when the tower is down (for a garage/bridge.)

Yep, mine takes 60 seconds. Unboot, flip down and lock in supports, done.

21 hours ago, Orangemxz said:

Has anyone had any luck the the GX tower and stowing the bimini in a better spot? It looks so weird sitting above the GX when stowed.

It should look like this which is the same as it looks on a G3. Are you pulling the pins on the mounts and rotating the front up?... that is only to pivot it when the tower is lowered (to get the Bimini to lay on the tower without sticking up.)

B7A2ABDE-7DC4-45D8-9611-5F403FAA961A.thumb.jpeg.1a0257c26da253c08308df2a567d1ff9.jpeg

C747649F-5B60-49AB-A850-BDFA6DF8E50D.thumb.jpeg.caacc75a8e4de2f171074bc18ce3193d.jpeg

laying flat for (pivoted) for fitting through a garage door.

78304629-74D7-4DDB-9D80-0C14BEA1567C.thumb.jpeg.18b7d25880485b8711cac9819e265b84.jpeg

• Like 1

I was hoping it could go nicely against the tower not below it or above it (I dont have delivery of mine yet) The below and above looks odd to me. My g3.2 I could put the bimini up and secure it to the rear hoop of the tower and it looked alot more normal 

9 hours ago, Orangemxz said:

I was hoping it could go nicely against the tower not below it or above it (I dont have delivery of mine yet) The below and above looks odd to me. My g3.2 I could put the bimini up and secure it to the rear hoop of the tower and it looked alot more normal 

Maybe post up a photo of your old boat. Did you have the new sliding Bimini in your G3.2? I can’t think of any way my 3.2 Bimini could be attached to the rear tow hoop. I ask because my Gx and my G3.2 biminis are nearly identical in how they mount, store, tilt, sit on the tower, etc. So I am curious as to what you had in your old boat as it doesn’t sound like the factory sliding Bimini.

ahopkins22LSV

G3.5 sliding bimini’s are nearly identical, if not identical to the 3.2 as well. As far as I’m aware the only changes were to the bases and latches of the tower. 

On 6/3/2019 at 5:00 AM, gregtay said:

I have the G 3.5 tower.  there is a rotational mechanism on each side with two pins in the lower half. each release pin controls the front and back bars. it seems like the the front half and back half of the bimini zippers the front and back of each bar and velcro onto the side frames. but it seems awkward trying to fold it up or down while zippered to the frames.  also it seems it will only fold down (closed) to the rear. is this correct?