Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dealer Add On Fees.....Universal?

Guppydriver

4 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I’m not sure how orhers calculate their percent off. I’d calculate your out the door price vs msrp because that’s what you are actually going to pay. 

Out the door would include things like sales tax and licensing which vary state by state. Not a good way to compare deals IMO since dealer has no control over those. 

40 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Out the door would include things like sales tax and licensing which vary state by state. Not a good way to compare deals IMO since dealer has no control over those. 

Yeah,

i wouldn’t include those. My point was do dealer prep fees and transportation cost constitute the MSRP? Those clearly seem to be controlled somewhat by the dealer. What I’m going to pay is what I negotiate , I understand that completely. It’s just easier for me to have leverage knowing what a good deal is based on previous buyers. Knowing what to take the percentage discount off of is instrumental because 15 percent off could easily be 25 percent off if they massively jack up dealer fees which is still included on the “sticker”. 

If if that makes sense. Lol. 

Edited by Guppydriver
  • Like 1