Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warning stickers - remove?

hethj7

12 hours ago, gregtay said:

That is how it was on my 08.. now in 2019 they slap a yellow sticker (looks the same as the placard) on the seat base by the observer storage along with 3 of 4 other stickers.  super classy... but most are easy to peel off.

543825B3-31BF-4E18-8782-19F4B14FB92E.thumb.jpeg.fdd31d6018187c31627bdbbf68864f5d.jpeg

I had a large gouge in the gel coat under these large stickers. Got it repaired and didn't put stickers back.

21 hours ago, breakz77 said:

I removed all mine the first day I got it.. actually I started removing them at the dealership before I left :lol:

I was doing the same....even the dealer sticker that they put on.  (Which may look okay with all the pontoons they sell, but certainly not a tow boat.)

One of my favorite parts of getting my wife a new truck every 3 years is having them take all the dealer garbage off before I drive it off the lot.

Is removing the stickers like tearing off the tag on a new shirt?   And I LOVE debadging my cars - who needs all that extra crap, especially some some dealers are now using 3D logos rather than stickers.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:20 AM, G Spot said:

Curious about this. Why?

Too late for me, she gone. 

More of a comment on the California climate when it comes to warning labels, prop 65, pillows and whatever else you can think of. Poking a little fun at my state.

We have a few on our boat, not too noticeable so they will stay.  I know the law can/will check to see you have the carbon monoxide warning label on your boat. Not sure what happens if you don’t, probably a fine. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:34 PM, riffraff said:

Next on my list of to do's.  What's the best method for removal?  Guessing its a big "NO!" on a heat gun?

I would use a heat gun, just be careful. Btw I have all my stickers on. Not a biggie for me.

8 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

I would use a heat gun, just be careful. Btw I have all my stickers on. Not a biggie for me.

You don't really need a heat gun, a hair drier works great with no chance of damage.  This works on old registration decals also.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:24 AM, gregtay said:

That is how it was on my 08.. now in 2019 they slap a yellow sticker (looks the same as the placard) on the seat base by the observer storage along with 3 of 4 other stickers.  super classy... but most are easy to peel off.

543825B3-31BF-4E18-8782-19F4B14FB92E.thumb.jpeg.fdd31d6018187c31627bdbbf68864f5d.jpeg

Removed the 2 large ones at the rear of this bunch. Had large gouge in gel coat that I had dealer repair. They said I wasn't supposed to remove stickers anyway. I win that one and Gel is repaired.