Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat is FINALLY HOME!!

MalibuRyan

Wow!  VLX + LSA is a rare bird, indeed!  I bet that thing is a total hot rod in the water. 

You know, I had a ‘12 VLX and it was a super fun boat to drive even with the 350.  That’s a really light boat (by today’s standards); I can’t imagine it with 500+ horsepower. Plus you have that super light, responsive throttle and laser like handling. Forget wakeboarding and surfing, I’d just want to DRIVE that boat all day!  

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Wow!  VLX + LSA is a rare bird, indeed!  I bet that thing is a total hot rod in the water. 

You know, I had a ‘12 VLX and it was a super fun boat to drive even with the 350.  That’s a really light boat (by today’s standards); I can’t imagine it with 500+ horsepower. Plus you have that super light, responsive throttle and laser like handling. Forget wakeboarding and surfing, I’d just want to DRIVE that boat all day!  

Thank you! YES, I am told it's probably the only one ever made. It is a BLAST to drive, only had it out for the initial test drive. It has a larger prop on it now, so top end is lower but literally jumps out of the water, it's incredible. I can't wait to get it out and enjoy it!!

10 minutes ago, SkiSam said:

What lake is that? Looks familiar.

Small lake outside of Oxford, MI. That's where it used to be kept.

1 minute ago, MalibuRyan said:

Small lake outside of Oxford, MI. That's where it used to be kept.

Ahh okay, thought it looked like Watkins Lake in the first two. Sweet boat though!

20 hours ago, SkiSam said:

Ahh okay, thought it looked like Watkins Lake in the first two. Sweet boat though!

I think it is. Small private lake where we went to test drive it. 

18 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Beautiful boat!  (And engine!!)  But time for some new guide pole pads.  :)

They are already on order lol 

16 hours ago, Txstoj said:

Wow, brings back memories of working with my dad on the weed cutter seeing that weed unloader belt.

Ya I haven’t seen one in years. 

13 hours ago, Elkinsa said:

You will love it! Such a fun boat and that engine will be super fun too! Congrats! 

Thank you! Ya it’s unreal. 

56 minutes ago, Badger said:

Lol...I'm not sure you can drive a boat to get an Old Style anywhere else but Wisconsin.  Great looking boat.

I saw that too.  Makes me miss home.

20 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Great looking boat!

Thank you!

16 hours ago, IXFE said:

Love the new badges

Thanks me too! With this motor I felt it was appropriate!

12 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Awesome!  Do you use it around A-town or northwoods it?  I grew up in Appleton.  Whole fam damily is still there.

I might use in around Appleton, it will spend most of the time on the chain in Waupaca.

12 hours ago, Badger said:

Lol...I'm not sure you can drive a boat to get an Old Style anywhere else but Wisconsin.  Great looking boat.

This is true and thank you!

2 hours ago, TOAST said:

Great find!  Your patience paid off. 

Congrats on the  boat. . . maybe a video of that powerful combo in action???

Thank you! The wait was defenitley worth it!

I'll try to get a video soon.