Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater bypass help

I have a 2013 Axis with the 330 monsoon  and I need some help in bypassing the heater because of a cracked heater core. Not looking to fix the heater right now so I need some help in looping the intake in the outtake together. On the top of the engine block is my discharge to the heater but I’m not sure where the inlet is that I need to loop it to? Can anyone help?  

Trace the line to the heater core (under the dash most likely).  Get a 2x barbed fitting and remove the hoses from the core and do an end-to-end anastomosis.  :)

• Like 3

When winterizing I am able to hear water flow into the return hose while blowing into the supply hose.  You may be able to locate the hose in this way.  

But as Eagle said, just cut the two hoses and connect them to one another.  When you want to hook it back up use threaded garden hose connectors that will allow you to quickly jump from connected to disconnected.

• Like 2

I'll add that the ID of the hose should be 5/8" so consider that when searching for fittings.  The other end (or inlet) you're searching for should be a "T" or "Y" fitting somewhere on the hose that runs from the outlet of the v-drive to the raw water pump.  

14 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Trace the line to the heater core (under the dash most likely).  Get a 2x barbed fitting and remove the hoses from the core and do an end-to-end anastomosis.  :)

This, though it doesn't even need to be a barbed fitting.  When I did this on my dad's boat several years back, I just used a small chunk of PVC tubing with some decent hose clamps.

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

This, though it doesn't even need to be a barbed fitting.  When I did this on my dad's boat several years back, I just used a small chunk of PVC tubing with some decent hose clamps.

:plus1: in a pinch my buddy used a deep well socket to finish the day on the water.

• Like 2

I believe I found the return line that is plumbed via a fitting behind the pulley on the water pump. I took some 5/8 hose from that fitting and looped it to the top of the engine block fitting. 

• Like 1

Put a shut off valve in the supply line in engine compartment. 1/4 turn to turn it off and after repair turn it back on. I did that on my 06 VLX and seemed to cause no problem when shut off without no supply water coming back.