Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Swade

Surf gate stuck

Swade
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, 2014 T22 while switching sides with a bunch of extra ballast the alarm goes off and the driver side gate won’t go back in. Tried calibrating and power off for a while but nothing seems to work. Likely a fuse and it sounds like those are in the front of the engine compartment somewhere? Does anyone have a photo of this, I had to leave the lake and now hoping to pick up the right style fuses. 

I also can’t get the wedge up as it’s hitting the FAE pipe, reset the pipe and tightened the hose clamps (felt like maybe too tight) but it did it again, thinking of trimming an inch off the length. (Edit- sounds like the dealer forgot to put the screws in that I need) 

@Raimie

Edited by Swade

Raimie

Sorry you are having trouble with the gates. I believe there is a re-settable circuit protector for each surf gate actuator mounted to the front of the engine compartment near where the ballast shut off ball valve is located. Maybe another '14 owner can get pics? @BlknYlwT22 Sorry, I'm not more help on this, I sold my '14 a year and a half ago and never experienced any SG issues.

My wedge was hitting the FAE pipe as well and I ever so slightly trimmed the downpipe. (probably 1/8").

Raimie

According to these threads, it might be an issue with your actuator.

Swade

I found the fuse for the gates. It’s at the front of the engine compartment, actually under the rear seat.  It didn’t look blown but I took the 25 amp out and put in a 30 and ran the configuration and it worked again. 

18vlxguy
10 hours ago, Swade said:

I found the fuse for the gates. It’s at the front of the engine compartment, actually under the rear seat.  It didn’t look blown but I took the 25 amp out and put in a 30 and ran the configuration and it worked again. 

You should put a 25 back in there when you can. Bad things can happen when you change fuse amperages in panels.

Eagleboy99

If the fuse blew, it blew for a reason.  This reminds me of the old days when a glass house panel fuse would blow, people would stick a penny in to replace it! (I reno'ed   a couple of old homes and found this).  Put the right amperage fuse back in please.

Sparky450
2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

If the fuse blew, it blew for a reason.  This reminds me of the old days when a glass house panel fuse would blow, people would stick a penny in to replace it! (I reno'ed   a couple of old homes and found this).  Put the right amperage fuse back in please.

I have rewired a few burned down houses because of the pennies. :cry: