Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon 350 5.7L vs. 410 6.2L

7lazy77

Is this technically an "upgrade" in engines & would I be gaining anything for power by upgrading from a 2013 to a 2016?  From what I have researched, the horsepower is the same, but there is more torque with the 410.  Am I understanding this correctly?

Edited by 7lazy77

The graph below is something I saved years ago.  I have had the 340 and 350 monsoon and my butt dyno tells me the 6.2 410 is an upgrade.  I don't believe the 410 listed in this graph is the Raptor 6.2 but the Indmar (GM) version from around 2012-2013.  I am putting it here simply for the 5.7L 350 specs.  292HP vs 353HP and 370 vs 410 lb ft on the Raptor 6.2L. 

I was a little disappointed when I learned the 410 was torque and not HP.  I had a 15' A22 w/ 350 which was similar in weight to my 22VLX.  My new boat will hit almost 42mph while the A22 would top at 38-39 depending on water conditions. I couldn't get to wakeboard speed with PnP full and a decent crew and now I can.  The power wedge makes a big difference with this but for comparison I put the wedge at 3 clicks down from stow (figured this was closest to floating wedge position at start) and we hit our mark of 21mph.  It took a little bit to get their but it did it and my Axis would not.   

Malibu offers the 6.2L standard on 16s so it's not an upgrade cost but I listed it in the "Pro" column when we were thinking of upgrading.

15883601_large.jpg

Edited by wedge88