Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any existing decent deals on marine speakers?

Fish209

I have a 2009 Wakesetter VLX and need some new speakers. My current 12" Rockford Fosgate sub is going bad as is some of my 6.5" Rockford Fosgate interior speakers. I'm more concerned with price than really high end quality. I just want something that sounds decent. It doesn't need to blow people away.

I'm pretty sure this is the model of my current Rockford Fosgate 12" sub: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pm212s4b/

I've attached a pic of my sub and the current enclosure as well as a close up of one of the 6.5" interior Rockford Fosgate speakers.

I'm looking for either similar Rockford Fosgate speakers that are currently in my boat now, or maybe Wet Sound depending on price/quality?

What speakers would you suggest?

And equally important, WHERE would you suggest I look for a good deal on these speakers?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

RF Sub.JPG

6.5" RF.JPG

Polk or Kicker speakers are good values and have very good quality.  Check Amazon.  Whatever you get, make sure you get poly cones, not paper that will fall apart with moist boat conditions.

I replaced all of mine with these:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8555

They go plenty loud for me.  Had em for 4 yrs now and still going strong.  I had the rockford fosgates too that came from the factory at the time for what it's worth and don't really notice any difference with the monoprice ones.  They may not look as cool but I don't really care.

Edited by oceanbu

I bought 6 Revo 6 off eBay ,4 from authorized reseller snd two from non authorized dealer so I have warranty 

bid 245 a pair , 735 total  

Thanks all!!!

The more I think abut this, I'd like to stay with the same quality as the factory system. If I want the same quality, would you suggest just a straight replacement of the same Rockford Fosgate speakers that are in my boat now? That way, I'm assuming it will be a very easy process of removing the bad speakers and exchanging them for the same model/type/dimensions RF new ones.

Or, am I thinking about this wrong and replacing the speakers doesn't really make it any easier if you replace like for like. If that's the case, For a similar quality as the Rockford Fosgate speakers in the boat now, what would you suggest in a similar price range?

THANKS!!!

20 hours ago, oceanbu said:

I replaced all of mine with these:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8555

They go plenty loud for me.  Had em for 4 yrs now and still going strong.  I had the rockford fosgates too that came from the factory at the time for what it's worth and don't really notice any difference with the monoprice ones.  They may not look as cool but I don't really care.

The stuff Monoprice puts out is amazing.  DX/Aliexpress  but not on foreign soil.  And better quality, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had Polk dxi650 in my Surpa for 10 years. I pulled them out and they look like the day I installed them. 
So in the Malibu, I installed 8 of these. 

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB651-Certified-Speakers/dp/B000P0PF9G/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=db651&qid=1561394265&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Cannot beat the price. The specs are very good. Sound quality is impressive. Much better than the stock Rockfords. In my opinion. I run a Wetsounds sub. Excellent quality and sound. 

Make sure you look at the Polk specs.  Some Polk "Marine" speakers have silk dome tweeters.  Not good if they're going to get wet.  OK if not.

All the Kicker Marine speakers have titanium dome tweeters as do the Wet Sounds, JL, and RF.

17 hours ago, minnmarker said:

Some Polk "Marine" speakers have silk dome tweeters.  Not good if they're going to get wet.  OK if not.

Yeah, you're not wrong. 
Here is what Polk said....

Polk's db651 speakers feature 6-1/2" woofers made from a polymer/mica composite and durable rubber surrounds that won't fall apart under stress from heat, moisture, or time.

These speakers feature stainless steel mounting hardware...

This is the same construction on my dxi651 from years ago. And two of them got wet every time we got on the boat. And they were fine. 

5 hours ago, Ryan1776 said:

Yeah, you're not wrong. 
Here is what Polk said....

Polk's db651 speakers feature 6-1/2" woofers made from a polymer/mica composite and durable rubber surrounds that won't fall apart under stress from heat, moisture, or time.

These speakers feature stainless steel mounting hardware...

This is the same construction on my dxi651 from years ago. And two of them got wet every time we got on the boat. And they were fine. 

I have two Polk MM651um speakers on my boat dash.  They sound great.  I got them before I knew about the tweeter dome material.  The rest of my speakers on 3 different boats have titanium domes.  So I'll just wait for the Polks to fail, if they ever do.