Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

weekender

Heat in heater tubes lukewarm when boat underway

weekender

Heat coming out of heater tubes seems to be like Luke warm at best even when the engine rpms are high when boat is underway

Is there like a warm up period for these?

driver  heater by drivers footwelll is very hot however

ahopkinsVTX

Only warm up period is getting your engine up to operating temperature. The vents at the drivers seat are a very short run from the heater core which is mounted under the drivers dash. It’s probably heat loss on the longer run to the heater tubes. You could try closing the drivers vent to see if that improves. 

granddaddy55
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, weekender said:

Heat coming out of heater tubes seems to be like Luke warm at best even when the engine rpms are high when boat is underway

Is there like a warm up period for these?

driver  heater by drivers footwelll is very hot however

Install the heatercraft Y pipe and it will be literally hot at higher rpms and super super warm at idle ,best $60 mod you can do to an inboard, but something is wrong if the euro vent is warmer though, 

Has your euro vent been relocated from top of footwell to a near floor placement ? 

Would mean it’s warming the floor and/or carpet that’s holding some heat I think

now with the Y installed my relocated euro vent to bottom of sub wall makes my gatorstep snd our feet very warm 

Edited by granddaddy55

Ryan1776
Posted (edited)

I used this instead of the Y pipe. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Solar-DC-12V-24V-Hot-Water-Circulation-Pump-Brushless-Motor-Water-Pump-17ft-lift/182288508062?hash=item2a713de49e:g:YJgAAOSwmLlX4lXp

Piece of cake to install. Couple wires I ran to the heater switch so when the fan is on, so is the pump. 
Yes, I know it's out of stock. 

Another guy on here used this. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0196WL55G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had same results. I'd rather use the pump as opposed to the Y pipe as it will continue to circulate even when the engine is off. 
https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/68866-cheapo-heater-aux-pump-first-use-report/&tab=comments#comment-1052524

That all being said, as @ahopkinsVTX said, if you have good heat from 1 of the vents it's most likely not a hot water supply issue more likely a heat loss in the vent run.  

Edited by Ryan1776