Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My A24 Dialed in to my liking for surfing.

MFknK

So I have been moving weight and removing weight to try most scenarios I could come up with. Adding wedge, stowing wedge etc. 

Now that I have it set to where I like it, I wanted to share in case anyone was looking for specific things to try.

This has been done over 7 outings specifically targeting the best surf wave.

Here is were I have landed as my favorite setup(until I decide to try trim tabs in lieu of surf gate.).

Bow, 100lbs under the bag in the nose. 100 lbs under bag each side. 200lbs in the battery compartment.

50lbs stashed in the drivers helm and 50 in the passengers. 

Midship, 300 lbs under side seats. Right behind driver seat on both sides. 

Rear, 100 lbs on floor each side of trans cover. 

150lbs under each pnp bag all the way back.

750’s in rear and front pnp full. 

Wedge stowed

speed was 11.9 mph on GPS.

Last time out, we had 6 average size adults, 4 kids under 8. 

The wave was long with two of us easily recovering from around 30’ back. This is a scientific measurement base on how far beyond my 35’ rope we were getting and recovering. 

Water was slightly flowing over the surf gate, but wasn’t causing disturbance to the wave that we could see. 

I am still going to try slightly faster on speed. The bottom turns at 11.9 were noticeably farther out than at 11.6.

Hope this helps someone. 

• Like 1

Nice. Sooo..1300 lead, 1500 pnp, plus hards? No horseshoe? I had an A22 and it liked the horseshoe sac. Sounds like you have it covered with lead and a sweet wave....need pics..

Edited by carguy79ta

It has the horseshoe bag in the bow. The bow lead is under it. So I lose a small amount of capacity in that bag to hide the lead there.

Supposed to get back out tomorrow if weather allows and will try to get some good video to post. We are terrible about taking pictures.

Edited by MFknK
On 5/31/2019 at 4:03 PM, carguy79ta said:

Sounds like a great combo with full pnp and lead and crew size. I am sure your wave is massive.

With or without wedge , with or without big crew , with or without lead, a24 with a big nose weight bag is always an awesome wave

11 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

With or without wedge , with or without big crew , with or without lead, a24 with a big nose weight bag is always an awesome wave

Yup, I wanted to plumb a bow sack on top of the seats, but kids are up there regularly, so I started stashing the lead anywhere I could.

21 hours ago, Stevo said:

Final answer...CFEC645B-3C34-4474-8F8C-D49DD74756A0.jpeg

I know, I know. Keep pestering me. We leave for DR tomorrow for a week. Weather has been completely uncooperative.. 

I will get them posted next time we go out. 

I feel like I finally got mine dialed-in thanks to all the forum posts, wave was insane - video below.  

Setup is stock ballast plus pnp:

Rear lockers: 850 Wakemakers custom sacs

Bow: 650 Wakemakers custom sac

Center: Stock

Lead: 200lb pax side center/under dash

5 people in boat (2 kids, 3 adults)

11.6mph, Wedge on 3

We were out teaching the kids and our friends, so I had one session in pretty rough water, but the wave was incredible.  Ton of push, long, steep - amazing.  I'd like to play around a bit more, I think 11.8 might be better, I have another 100lb of lead to move around as well, but overall it was amazing.  A noticeable step up from my '13 LSV w/surfgate.

Video link: https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0ULcL54i7JJJi84pAkhRsoWeg

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2019 at 6:38 PM, MFknK said:

So I have been moving weight and removing weight to try most scenarios I could come up with. Adding wedge, stowing wedge etc. 

Now that I have it set to where I like it, I wanted to share in case anyone was looking for specific things to try.

This has been done over 7 outings specifically targeting the best surf wave.

Here is were I have landed as my favorite setup(until I decide to try trim tabs in lieu of surf gate.).

Bow, 100lbs under the bag in the nose. 100 lbs under bag each side. 200lbs in the battery compartment.

50lbs stashed in the drivers helm and 50 in the passengers. 

Midship, 300 lbs under side seats. Right behind driver seat on both sides. 

Rear, 100 lbs on floor each side of trans cover. 

150lbs under each pnp bag all the way back.

750’s in rear and front pnp full. 

Wedge stowed

speed was 11.9 mph on GPS.

Last time out, we had 6 average size adults, 4 kids under 8. 

The wave was long with two of us easily recovering from around 30’ back. This is a scientific measurement base on how far beyond my 35’ rope we were getting and recovering. 

Water was slightly flowing over the surf gate, but wasn’t causing disturbance to the wave that we could see. 

I am still going to try slightly faster on speed. The bottom turns at 11.9 were noticeably farther out than at 11.6.

Hope this helps someone. 

Wondering if it takes longer for you to get to surfing speed. Because I notice if I have pnp full and 8 passengers mine won’t get to speed with wedge down.