Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED mods - 2019 23 LSV

Won’t fit on crossbar it’s too thin. Think I’ll put it just above the logo. Should work good. From bottom floor, I get a dark shadow like it’s not far enough away to clear the bead around the outside edge of woofer. 

Thanks guys. 

Ok but...I’ve put several on that bar. So have friends that I made lights for. On my ‘19 I have a RGB strip that is even wider than the single color strip. Check out IXFE’s sub box build. His is on that bar. image.png

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Ok but...I’ve put several on that bar. So have friends that I made lights for. On my ‘19 I have a RGB strip that is even wider than the single color strip. Check out IXFE’s sub box build. His is on that bar. image.png

Thanks for the picture Ronnie, I'll take another look at it. Must not be noticeable.That is the same grill I have.

Edited by dalt1
  • 1 month later...

Anyone found a way to dim/change the brightness of the stock interior lights?  I don’t mind the white interior lights in my 2015 23 LSV but they are way to bright. I have to turn them off while under power after dark. My previous LSV had a way to dim the interior lights from the dash. No such control on my 2015.  I was thinking I could just replace stock lights with lower powered aftermarket ones. TMH Lighting (mentioned previously in this thread from Amazon) makes some but I don’t know how many lumens the stock lights produce to compare to the ones on Amazon. 

• 8 months later...
43 minutes ago, Captain007 said:

Where is everyone wiring the new sub light to?  Are you tieing it into the same wire as the LED under the helm?  

That’s where my sub LED was tied into.

2 hours ago, Captain007 said:

Where is everyone wiring the new sub light to?  Are you tieing it into the same wire as the LED under the helm?  

Personally, I prefer these types of mood lighting LEDs to NOT be on the courtesy light circuit, as this type of lights are for seeing/moving around the boat after dark.  

27 minutes ago, MLA said:

Personally, I prefer these types of mood lighting LEDs to NOT be on the courtesy light circuit, as this type of lights are for seeing/moving around the boat after dark.  

And I can do both of those with my all blue lighting now.image.thumb.png.482d5ec4cde9f56190691320d883babb.png

Edited by dalt1
7 minutes ago, mnwakerider said:

anybody know if these connections are the same in Axis boats? 

Just splice into whatever circuit you want them on, or change out originals for different color. You can run whole new circuit if wanted.

10 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Just splice into whatever circuit you want them on, or change out originals for different color. You can run whole new circuit if wanted.

thanks - was looking to have the colored lights on a second switch, not the stock INT lights that my boat has. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/29/2019 at 12:57 AM, NWBU said:

This isn't much compared to the LED work some others are doing but here's my upgrade with a few pics. This is a pretty quick and easy mod to make, with help from another crew member that had some leftover supplies. I would've done this sooner if I'd realized how easy it would be. 

Malibu's stock LED's are using 2-wire Weather-Pack connectors, which you can get on Amazon, so this was basically a plug and play deal once the new LEDs were attached to the Weather-Pack plugs. Grab some 3M doublesided waterproof mounting tape from Amazon too.

IMG_0508.thumb.jpg.8b62fd4e6fc866ff8202ea287d5caca6.jpgIMG_0509.thumb.jpg.16933cb41a4023351ec402a9d4276c77.jpg

Here’s the stock LEDs.

7A9FD427-1F73-4866-80BC-48ADEDD58D22.thumb.jpeg.d10488d89353af4ee97e82d848f21f8b.jpeg

The trickiest part was backlighting the sub, which requires removing the bow storage bin and sub cover. There's just a few screws for each one of those though. 

IMG_0339.thumb.jpg.5026e1b6d2450345ada1fc483bff69c2.jpgIMG_0473.thumb.jpg.ab39e794ddeec6fb18bcdb5b0e9db166.jpg

Strip lighting attached upside down with the double sided tape.

IMG_0507.thumb.jpg.c50aa386c6b53a05565d814e318688d3.jpg

Bumping this as I am going to change lights on my 2021 23 lsv.  Very basic question.  the wiring on the battery side that I am plugging the lights into.  Black is the negative and the blue/white is the positive correct?  ty

6 hours ago, AWADD09 said:

Bumping this as I am going to change lights on my 2021 23 lsv.  Very basic question.  the wiring on the battery side that I am plugging the lights into.  Black is the negative and the blue/white is the positive correct?  ty

I just did this on my 2021 23LSV.  I had assistance from a crew member as well and it's the same as what @NWBUposted for his 2019.  I left the factory white lights in the location where they're installed and simply connected my new strips to the connectors he showed.  It's simply plug and play.  No real wiring to speak of.  The factory lighting wiring is labeled under the gunwale, too. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Slayer said:

I just did this on my 2021 23LSV.  I had assistance from a crew member as well and it's the same as what @NWBUposted for his 2019.  I left the factory white lights in the location where they're installed and simply connected my new strips to the connectors he showed.  It's simply plug and play.  No real wiring to speak of.  The factory lighting wiring is labeled under the gunwale, too. 

Think I got it right,  we will see 

9D9969C1-A045-4D03-A070-DEFD90B80623.jpeg

I picked up everything through Amazon.  I was a little intimidated by the weather pack connections and crimps initially but it turned out to be very easy.  I will swap them with the white lights this weekend and see how they look.  

• 7 months later...

My family recently moved into a new house and is now thinking about changing something in the design and the lighting. At first, we thought that all the lamps would be only on the floor with high legs, but this wouldn't be practical because they will not be enough when you need a lot of light. Then we decided to install them and buy a usb wifi bulb with VENT HOME APP to place them around the house as they change colors to a variety of different ones. Such lamps are pretty convenient when you have children so that they aren't afraid to turn on the light themselves.

Edited by WinnithePuh
  • 2 months later...
EditaKalfayan

You did a pretty good job. I was actually thinking of installing a LED light set in my car. I want to add some vibe to it, and I think the LED lights will work the best. I even found suitable smart strip lights, which I will order from an online marketplace. However, since I am not that experienced in engineering, I am afraid that I will make mistakes while installing the LED system. So I was wondering if any of you know any electricians that would help me install this system. I would be grateful if someone would like to give me a hand.