Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Couvewakesetter

Surf set up for 2009 23 LSV wakesetter

Recommended Posts

Couvewakesetter

Wondering what surf set up for 2009 LSV wakesetter?  Have 750’s in rear locker and stock hard tanks.  In particular I’m confused about the power wedge. Some people say I need it and others seem to think not. If needed, what position is optimal for wakesurfing?  Also, do you use power wedge and ballast for wake boarding?  Just got this boat so am new to wakesurfing.  Any help would be appreciated so my kids don’t think I’m an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikeyg
Posted (edited)

If you only have the stock bow ballast filled, you’re going to need a lot more than that in the bow if your running twin 750s in the rear. 

If I run twin 450s in the rear locker, I run an additional 450 in the bow on top of the stock ballast

The wedge is probably at 50%

Edited by mikeyg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerpluxal
55 minutes ago, Couvewakesetter said:

Wondering what surf set up for 2009 LSV wakesetter?  Have 750’s in rear locker and stock hard tanks.  In particular I’m confused about the power wedge. Some people say I need it and others seem to think not. If needed, what position is optimal for wakesurfing?  Also, do you use power wedge and ballast for wake boarding?  Just got this boat so am new to wakesurfing.  Any help would be appreciated so my kids don’t think I’m an idiot.

I have a 2010... Too many additional questions... Are you listing the boat, have an aftermarket surf system installed, using a device attached to boat for surfing?

Is your MLS (factory ballast system) rear, center, and front or just rear and center?

How many people in your crew when you surf?

What type of wave do you like to surf (long, tall)?

This is my setup

I have gosurfassist surf system 

I have MLS for rear and center (250 in each rear tank, 500 center)

1100# in each rear corner

400 under coffin seats

1100 bag in front

 

The 400 under coffins I use when I have light crews and only to surf side

Wedge position is also a variant on number of people in boat and wave preferred. Less people = more wedge.... More people = less wedge..

Long wave = more bow weight and less wedge.. Tall wave = less bow weight and more wedge.

I run at 11.2 mph to 12.8 mph.. less speed = taller wave.. more speed = longer wave.

Playing with speed, wedge, and bow weight allows you to change wave shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Couvewakesetter

Thanks for the comments. Not listing boat.  Have wake shaper device. Rear, center, front stock.  Two 750 sacs in back.  No surf assist.  Usually two to three adults and two to four kids.  I’ve never surfed so don’t know preference for wave height.

 

thanks for tips.  I appreciate it.   None of us are going to be champion surfers so just want a nice, solid wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerpluxal
16 hours ago, Couvewakesetter said:

Thanks for the comments. Not listing boat.  Have wake shaper device. Rear, center, front stock.  Two 750 sacs in back.  No surf assist.  Usually two to three adults and two to four kids.  I’ve never surfed so don’t know preference for wave height.

 

thanks for tips.  I appreciate it.   None of us are going to be champion surfers so just want a nice, solid wave.

best bet is to set boat up for a short wave at first (they have more power and easier to find pocket with). Good you have movable ballast (people). 

Start off around 10 - 10.4 mph... fill all sacks/tank full... move people to surfside.. start with wedge down.. experiment with with wave.. have driver move wedge up one click.. experiment with wave. keep doing this until you find the wedge position you like (regular side takes more wedge than goofy due to prop rotation). Next play with people.. have them sit in different locations of boat (side back front).. you will be amazed on how the wave will change with one person moving... as you progress, you can increase speed if you like or leave alone.

I understand the frustration you maybe having... but there are still many variables that come into play... For you.. I suggest the above to start off with.... If you are located near Houston.. I can come out and help... otherwise you will need to pay for airfare, room, and board ;)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Couvewakesetter

Thanks so much for the advice!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chris4x4gill2

you need more weight in the nose. 

We run full MLS, 850s in rear, 675 in nose and suck gate. 11mph no wedge. If small group (2-3 people), will add some weight in floor of main cabin or on surf side seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sChamblee
On 5/28/2019 at 8:08 PM, kerpluxal said:

I have a 2010... Too many additional questions... Are you listing the boat, have an aftermarket surf system installed, using a device attached to boat for surfing?

Is your MLS (factory ballast system) rear, center, and front or just rear and center?

How many people in your crew when you surf?

What type of wave do you like to surf (long, tall)?

This is my setup

I have gosurfassist surf system 

I have MLS for rear and center (250 in each rear tank, 500 center)

1100# in each rear corner

400 under coffin seats

1100 bag in front

 

The 400 under coffins I use when I have light crews and only to surf side

Wedge position is also a variant on number of people in boat and wave preferred. Less people = more wedge.... More people = less wedge..

Long wave = more bow weight and less wedge.. Tall wave = less bow weight and more wedge.

I run at 11.2 mph to 12.8 mph.. less speed = taller wave.. more speed = longer wave.

Playing with speed, wedge, and bow weight allows you to change wave shape.

What prop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerpluxal
17 hours ago, sChamblee said:

What prop?

ACME 2249

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...