Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shower Not working (still)

Some of you may have read my last post...I removed the mixing valve and found a crack which I repaired with epoxy.  The mixing valve is not the issue.   Pump comes on...I can hear it running, but I’m still only getting dribbles of water.   

Any ideas other than the mixing valve??

What type of pump do they use for the shower? 

Possible that the impeller is bad?  Or the pump is not primed?

There should be screens on the inlets to the mixing valve, similar to a sink or washing machine.  Also make sure you don't have junk clogging the water feeds from the engine, especially the hot water side.  The hot water feed comes out of the block and is prone to clogging. I always run a copper wire up in the block in the fall to clean out the debris that builds up.

I don't want to bash, but the configuration Malibu used in '15 23 LSV wasn't a good one. I found that the fittings used were metric/european and then adapted with barb fittings via PEX. My shower was sucking so much air that it was almost impossible to get any water out of the sprayer. The fittings on the mixer didn't match the pump and the mixer fittings were tiny compared to any residential plumbing I've seen/used.

I really need to finish the project, but I dumped almost everything that Malibu installed in my boat for the shower except the two fittings that give me hot and cold water. I've changed the pump to a smaller version of the Johnson ballast impeller pumps and I've got a Moen mixer valve and hand sprayer sitting in one of my swim platform storage bins.

2 hours ago, spinxt said:

The pictures aren't working in the post you referenced above.

Yes I know... Thx. It's only of the T installed into the Raw water feed b4 the Raw water pump. But my synopsis pritty much pins it,

Not sure why the pic won't come up!