Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Seats defects

LucasC

39 minutes ago, BigCreek said:

It's 100 posts ago, but to the OP - Vinyl issues aside, shame on your dealer for making you request a replacement for that shoddy piping job. They should have apologized to you upon delivery, and promised to have the replacement installed ASAP. Putting you in the position of thinking that you are being too "fussy" is just plain un-cool. 

I did mention it on delivery and was told it will go when it gets warm. I new then that it was dealer bull , After several friends noticing and saying thats poor workmanship The dealer has said he will order a skin , Anyone have any experience on how long that would take as my boat was also delivered without swim platform cover and have been told that will take 6 weeks to make as there made to order ? 

41 minutes ago, LucasC said:

I did mention it on delivery and was told it will go when it gets warm. I new then that it was dealer bull , After several friends noticing and saying thats poor workmanship The dealer has said he will order a skin , Anyone have any experience on how long that would take as my boat was also delivered without swim platform cover and have been told that will take 6 weeks to make as there made to order ? 

Everything is made to order and it is all done by hand. You would be surprised how much manual labor goes into these boats.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LucasC said:

swim platform cover and have been told that will take 6 weeks to make as there made to order

That sounds... long.  I had a custom Sunbrella cover made for one of my smoker and it took about 3 days.  It is far more complicated than a platform cover.

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

That sounds... long.  I had a custom Sunbrella cover made for one of my smoker and it took about 3 days.  It is far more complicated than a platform cover.

He is also in England so assuming it is made in the US Shipping may be longer than normal.

I couldn't be happier with the new vinyl and my boat overall! We had our first day in the upper 90's today with bright sunshine in Las Vegas. I have vapor blue, with graphite and black accents. Although all of the colors get hot in direct sunlight, they all seem to cool once we start to move again. I was a little nervous about the black accents, but we have experienced no heat related problems with the black. Actually the graphite seems to get hotter..very similar to moonbeam in my last boat. That got hotter than anything. We love our 25 lsv!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

I couldn't be happier with the new vinyl and my boat overall! We had our first day in the upper 90's today with bright sunshine in Las Vegas. I have vapor blue, with graphite and black accents. Although all of the colors get hot in direct sunlight, they all seem to cool once we start to move again. I was a little nervous about the black accents, but we have experienced no heat related problems with the black. Actually the graphite seems to get hotter..very similar to moonbeam in my last boat. That got hotter than anything. We love our 25 lsv!

Is your graphite on the edges of the seats like ours? The vinyl does feel softer to the touch there than on the main sections. I wonder if the material type has something to do with the heat. If we are moving it doesn't get hot either...only when parked.

Yes graphite is the color for the interior cushion and cushion panel with blue vapor as the interior base color. The accents are black and it gets hot, but not much hotter than anything else.

4 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

Yes graphite is the color for the interior cushion and cushion panel with blue vapor as the interior base color. The accents are black and it gets hot, but not much hotter than anything else.

My seats are all graphite and the front and rear panels are definitely different materials. The forward/inner panels are more fabric-like and the rear/outward panels are more of a traditional vinyl.

Edited by gregtay

white and brown interior and the brown water spots like crazy, it goes away when dry, water is fresh water from a river, doesn't matter what you put on the vinyl they still stain, brown gets hot as hell too.

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, WaBackcountry said:

white and brown interior and the brown water spots like crazy, it goes away when dry, water is fresh water from a river, doesn't matter what you put on the vinyl they still stain, brown gets hot as hell too.

I love the brown but man I noticed it gets hot!