Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buying new carpet. But where to buy it from

Malibudave83

I’ve got a 90 Malibu euro f3. I have done the stringers, floor foam glasses over. Now I’m in in the market for new boat carpet. I’m trying to find the best bang for buck so I can go ahead and start wrapping this thing up. Please if any of y’all had any luck please let me know where you got it from. Thanks 

david

4 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Carzy idea:  Why not LineX the whole interior?

wouldn't that be hot...like too hot for bare feet hot?

2 minutes ago, anotherrunner83 said:

wouldn't that be hot...like too hot for bare feet hot?

Not if you make it white, or light grey etc.  LineX comes in colours now.

formulaben
33 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Carzy idea:  Why not LineX the whole interior?

Nothing wrong with that.  I did it with KiwiGrip since it's much easier to work with and you can easily customize the texture.

7 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

It would be like adding a hundred lbs of ballast ;)

Fake news.  LineX is sprayed about 60-70 mils so that _might_ add 50-70 pounds.  Heck, spray it a bit thicker on the passenger side to offset driver weight.  :)

I can't help with a vendor, but according to a note I made years ago during a discussion with someone at the Merced factory,  Syntec 22 oz marine carpet was recommended. 

BTW, I'm a fan of carpet as well. Good luck wrapping up this project. 

If you went through all of that trouble, why not EVA Foam (Gator Step, Sea Deck, or another brand of choice)?  I wouldn't restore a subfloor just to toss carpet back on it.  It will modernize the interior a bit and add value to the boat.

Simply Google 'Marine Carpet' or 'Boat Carpet' and several options will come up.  I found a low cost supplier 'boat carpet buys' that matched and beat any other vendor. They also have great instructions on carpet install.  Great Lakes Skipper may also have some original Malibu carpet.  The original carpet should have been in the 22-24 oz range.  That provides good feel with good drying times v a heavier carpet.  Make sure you budget for glue and plenty of razor blades.