Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Budget Bluetooth

Eagleboy99

Ok - I'm impressed that some of you out 3, 5 or $10K into your boat stereos. But I merely wanted Bluetooth and a phone connection (I telecommute a lot).  And rather than install a baller system  that we'd never use into the boat (wife HATES music in the boat) or is a theft magnet, I went low budget.

27zzv40.jpg

Aux in, USB, phone connect, remote control , 4x60 watts, EQ, etc., for a grand total of $12 USD with free shipping  via Aliexpress.  Even had EIA standard wiring colours.   This way if it gets stolen, there is no worry.  One of my friends had his 5K system stolen TWICE! The thing is shockingly good - esp. considering the price.  :)

I got this one (price went up four dollars!!  LOL)  but you can find the same unit from other Aliexpres vendors for less.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Din-2-5-Inch-Car-Radio-Stereo-Player-MP3-Multimedia-Car-Audio-Player-With-Bluetooth/32819623493.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dy5OxqY  I wrestled with the idea of getting a cheapo unit form Crutchfield - like https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_158DSXA41B/Sony-DSX-A415BT.html?avf=N but it was about 80 US bucks and I figure I can always do that later if the  12 buck unit is a turkey.  Which it is not - so far.

As I said, it checks all the boxes including phone integration and you simply cannot beat the price.  That all said, it is a cheap POS.  ;)