Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MIL Fault Code Alarm - Any ideas?

Was out cruising yesterday and was just idling along (after about an hour of cruising) and got the alarm with the check engine picture and MIL/CEL thing.

No operating issues, temp and pressure fine.  Went into the settings to look at the fault codes nothing showed up in the active or inactive list there.

Anyone got any suggestions or thoughts on how to confirm/find what might have caused it?  Thought maybe just a misfire on the gas from last fall (yes it was treated) or something related to hours if it was like a car that auto triggered for routine service but I've never read about that before...

15 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

Was out cruising yesterday and was just idling along (after about an hour of cruising) and got the alarm with the check engine picture and MIL/CEL thing.

No operating issues, temp and pressure fine.  Went into the settings to look at the fault codes nothing showed up in the active or inactive list there.

Anyone got any suggestions or thoughts on how to confirm/find what might have caused it?  Thought maybe just a misfire on the gas from last fall (yes it was treated) or something related to hours if it was like a car that auto triggered for routine service but I've never read about that before...

This has happened several times on my 17’ a20. Completely random. No temp or oil pressure issues. And it never throws a code. Always goes away with a battery reset. I just run the thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Odly after this my power wedge stopped working - I think the actuator shorted out had a tech look the other day likely what tripped the alarm so anyway they are swapping that out this week.