Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

prop recomendation

Brantb

I picked up a new to me inboard for super cheap that is in need of some serious work. One of those items is a prop and there are good sales making this a good time to get one cheap(er). Wakemakers is saying acme 422, but i know there are lots on here with extensive first hand experience. Is this a good choice for these specs.

17.5 ft boat, ~2200 lbs, 240HP motor(plan on reworking to 300-325hp this winter, running at 5-6k feet. 

I will be skiing, pulling kids and the occasional adults on tubes, and wakeboarding once in a while. 

Can you provide more info on the boat?  Make and model and year?   Prop needs will change after the engine work.  What exactly will be done to the motor to add 60 - 85 hp?

Edited by Eagle River Mike

1:1 transmission, or gear reduction? 15.5P is a lot, but it is a small boat. Why spend the extra money on a 4 blade over a 3? The new CNC 3 blades have much more surface area than the old cast props for plenty of pull and should have better top end than a 4B if that matters.

Anytime you're doing anything out of the realm of a stock setup it's probably best to call Acme direct and talk to Bill. He'll have the most reliable answer.