Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Axis A-24 Boat Lift

ndemos717

Curious what boat lifts people are using for the A24? As far as I know a V-rack would be ideal but not completely necessary.  And the bunks should be at least 18 inches high and 14 feet long. I think a 6000# lift would be fine. Any info would help, thanks

Edited by ndemos717

I bought a Max Lift last year - very impressed with it the quality per $$ was the best I could find.  I have a 6k lb lift for my T22 - not sure the weight of the A-24 but just get enough lift to cover the boat loaded and preferably with some extra since you'll probably use it with people in the boat.

http://maxdock.com/prod_mvl6000.php

12 hours ago, ndemos717 said:

Curious what boat lifts people are using for the A24? As far as I know a V-rack would be ideal but not completely necessary.  And the bunks should be at least 18 inches high and 14 feet long. I think a 6000# lift would be fine. Any info would help, thanks

Mine is on an 8800# hydrohoist. A friend let me put it on his 6600# hydrohoist to test. It lifted, but just barely.

i was also able to add 1200# of leadwake amd the 8800 lift has no issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, ndemos717 said:

If you don’t mind, do you remember what you paid for it?

I wanna say about 6500-7000 but I didn't get the canopy yet.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:17 PM, MFknK said:

Mine is on an 8800# hydrohoist. A friend let me put it on his 6600# hydrohoist to test. It lifted, but just barely.

i was also able to add 1200# of leadwake amd the 8800 lift has no issue.

just curious did you have any of that lead in your boat when you tested the 6600 hydro hoist? I have a new one just bought but I didn't even think to factor in a potential bigger boat. do you keep that much lead in your A24 all the time? 

I had about 300# in it at that point... I had actually pulled a bunch out for other reasons and ended up trying it that way...

On the 8800# lift, all of that lead is in always. Its a pain to take it out. If I have to trailer long distance, I will reluctantly move it into the bed of the truck.

Edited by MFknK
2 hours ago, MFknK said:

I had about 300# in it at that point... I had actually pulled a bunch out for other reasons and ended up trying it that way...

On the 8800# lift, all of that lead is in always. Its a pain to take it out. If I have to trailer long distance, I will reluctantly move it into the bed of the truck.

you have any photos/videos of your wave with all that lead?? A24 is at the top of my left over 2020 or 2021 boat in a year or so. 

also I am curious on how that much lead effects gas while cruising and such? any noticeable differences or u like me and having to much fun to bother to track?

I have moved the weight around a ton to try and get it dialed. 

I have been out of town for vacation and work, but promised some I would get some good pic and video next time I get out. There is another thread I will post them in.

As far as fuel consumption, I don’t pay that much attention. This A24 does so much better on fuel than my previous boat 2001 VLX, its incredible. Most of that is due to engine power and prop more than weight though.

2 hours ago, MFknK said:

I have moved the weight around a ton to try and get it dialed. 

I have been out of town for vacation and work, but promised some I would get some good pic and video next time I get out. There is another thread I will post them in.

As far as fuel consumption, I don’t pay that much attention. This A24 does so much better on fuel than my previous boat 2001 VLX, its incredible. Most of that is due to engine power and prop more than weight though.

gotcha I'll keep a watch for the posts.

(one  last question on fuel)  prob the only complaint that I have about my t22 is the 42 gallon gas tank ( that runs out at 38!) any insight into how often/long you ride/run until empty?  I know the A24 has a massive tank and I assume uses more fuel but I am curious if the time between fill ups is something you notice or not.  ( I use my boat a ton and I feel like I am constantly at the fuel dock and since I don't trailer im always timing things on when the gas docks are open).  I know something dumb to complain about but I am hoping even with the bigger boat that you get more hours of use per fill up if that makes since? prob. hard to for you to judge coming from a 2001 though.

Most we have burned in an outing is half tank. I would guess that was about 3-4 hours.

Since our house is on the water, we do a lot of go out, take a set, come in type stuff. 

Off topic, but I posted a question about the A24 in the chop?  How is it?  Looking for this to be a family boat we can surf behind as well as enjoy for afternoons in the sun, etc.