Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 TXI ignition key switch function

The touch screen started acted up yesterday so I used the key start. When I attempted to turn the engine off by turning the key backward the engine kept running. Is this normal? Is it likely a bad key switch or something else? I used the power switch on the dash to kill the engine. Will this cause any problems?

@Eagleboy99 Thanks. I checked this today. The switch wasn’t rotating in the mount. I’ll remove the switch to see if a wire is disconnected when I return to the lake. 

Installed the back up switch to my 2011RLXI as they only came with these in 2012. Guess once they realised without the screen you are stranded back in 2011

The wiring of the switch mimmicks the old starting method of shorting the start terminals on the starter.

So the switch will only start the motor.

To stop you are correct, kill the main power switch on the dash, the blue button.

Good news on the screen, I heard from another menber that malibu changed suppliers moving away from medallian December 2018.

Old stock should be depleted so when you do bite the bullet to buy a new screen, check the manufactured date to make sure you have one from the new supplier.

Not sure who the supplier is but my screen is starting the dreaded bubbles around the edge so it is only a matter of time before mine becomes unresponsive