Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help with final price negotiations of 2019 AXIS A22

4TheBoys

Help wanted!

We are in final price negotiations for a new AXIS A22. It is loaded (I wish I could figure out how to post the spec sheet for the boat here). It has Surfgate and Power Wedge III, 2 sets of Wet Sounds Icon 8 tower speakers, package 2 stereo with remote and subwoofer, Gel accent and Gel base Azure Blue Metallic, boat covers, and heater etc. MSRP $96,815..... Dealer is down to $85,000.... We want to know what is the lowest fair price for us and dealer. He is checking for an available rebate right now. 

Not sure how long you’ve lurking around here but now one ever wants to tell how much they paid. Apparently it’s all a big secret. I don’t have the same boat but I do have a 17’ a20 and paid 64. 

Brand new Rookie to this site... definitely don’t want to offend! Just trying to get a fair deal for all involved.

I think for new you’ll find more people talk about % off retail. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong...but 20-25% off msrp is a green light. That being said it’s May and start of the season.

Edited by bcummins

That’s a bit steep.  U should be around 80k for that boat. Also, the options u mentioned are found on most axis boats so I wouldn’t consider that loaded without multiple gelcoat options and a loaded out trailer 

3 hours ago, bcummins said:

I think for new you’ll find more people talk about % off retail. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong...but 20-25% off msrp is a green light. That being said it’s May and start of the season.

For Malibu that is accurate. Axis have less markup so don’t go in expecting 20+% off msrp cuz in most cases it ain’t gonna happen. 10-20% seems to be more realistic but a ton of factors come into play so YMMV. 

• Like 2

At the end of the day, as long as you and the dealer are OK with the final deal, who cares about the opinions of others?  If you try to  screw them over, good luck with service.  It is not like cars where you have many dealers competing for your business for the same car.   "Vote with your wallet" like Dad used to say!

• Like 3

I would be very nice and agreeable, but I would shoot for 80k as well. If they won't take that, walk away and possibly look for something else. Give it about a week and then come back and see where they are at. The dealership might have to start paying flooring charges at the end of May, so they should want to move it. But the roughly 11% discount you are getting now should be a little better. 

ahopkins22LSV
10 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

I would be very nice and agreeable, but I would shoot for 80k as well. If they won't take that, walk away and possibly look for something else. Give it about a week and then come back and see where they are at. The dealership might have to start paying flooring charges at the end of May, so they should want to move it. But the roughly 11% discount you are getting now should be a little better. 

80 would be a smoking deal. But where the dealer is at is right on par for % off Axis. So many things factory into it like location, the dealer, what their stock is like, etc. If the 85 is out the door then I’d say that’s a good deal and go with it. 

ahopkins22LSV
4 minutes ago, 4TheBoys said:

85 out the door including Tax etc.? We are in California.

Yeah that’s what I’d go back with. 85 out the door and it’s a deal. But that’s me

On 5/26/2019 at 11:19 AM, bcummins said:

I believe Axis is around 12-16%. Someone correct me if I am wrong 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no idea how accurate seedealercost.com is, but it looks in the ballpark. They have the MSRP listed at $71,076 and the invoice at $56,86 for a base 2019 A22. Thats right at 20% of invoice. I assume most options probably follow that 80/20 pattern closely as well. 

Your dealer probably spent around $77,500 for you boat and another few thousand in transportation cost. With SoCal sales tax at least 8%, if you can get it for 85 out the door, that's below invoice if that website is pretty close. I'm thinking low 80's before tax would be a pretty good deal. If the margin on that website is wrong though, this whole post is moot. 

Edited by Guppydriver

You're at 12% off MSRP, which is considered fair/normal discount. You're not getting raked over the coals, but you're not getting the UBER-sponsored pro deal either. You'll never get 20% off an Axis unless the dealer is desperate to get rid of it. That only happens after they've been paying interest on their floor plan for a while and are losing money on that side of it. THEN they may dump it for 20%. Also, if you get that cheap of a price on the boat, you should be wary of your interest rate. Dealers get a cut of the interest rate if you finance through them, and it's possible they may bump that up to get the money back from you.

This time of year, stock boats are selling very well. Everyone wants their boat for July 4th, and there is no way to get a custom build 2019 anymore. As such, dealers focus on selling off their in-store inventory this time of year, and in decent boating markets, it's not hard for them to do.

If you REALLY want to get 15-20% off an Axis, you're going to have to wait until labor day-ish, and you're going to have to pick from what's left at that point, which won't be much.

Edited by boardjnky4
On 5/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, 4TheBoys said:

Help wanted!

We are in final price negotiations for a new AXIS A22. It is loaded (I wish I could figure out how to post the spec sheet for the boat here). It has Surfgate and Power Wedge III, 2 sets of Wet Sounds Icon 8 tower speakers, package 2 stereo with remote and subwoofer, Gel accent and Gel base Azure Blue Metallic, boat covers, and heater etc. MSRP $96,815..... Dealer is down to $85,000.... We want to know what is the lowest fair price for us and dealer. He is checking for an available rebate right now. 

12.2% off MSRP isn't too bad.  10-15% off is the ranges I've seen on Axis (the higher numbers like the 20/25 are on the much more expensive BU models).  There's probably another grand in that 85 number, maybe 2 at most, but make sure you're happy with the relationship you have and the boat that's probably worth more than the amount left.

• 1 year later...

Thoughts on the price of a 2021 Axis A22.   The dealer is around $100,000 and they say it’s their winter boat show price.  Located in Northern Idaho.

9 hours ago, Bdeyarmin17 said:

Thoughts on the price of a 2021 Axis A22.   The dealer is around $100,000 and they say it’s their winter boat show price.  Located in Northern Idaho.

Price really depends on options and overall MSRP, What is the MSRP on the boat?

ahopkins22LSV
39 minutes ago, ndahlberg12 said:

Price really depends on options and overall MSRP, What is the MSRP on the boat?

:plus1:

Definitely need msrp price and list of build specs. Could be very fair, could be very over priced. No way to tell right now.