Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Temps

OnTheWater

19 hours ago, Raimie said:

50 on Friday for me on St. Clair. If you are saying our boats are registering high... wonder what that means for me... :cry: Either way I'll be sporting a dry suit for a while...

18 hours ago, onamission said:

Middle Straits was 68 on Sunday.  Club lake was 67 yesterday.  Putting the full suit away for the Camero shorty.

I'm guessing that these temps are probably only good for the first 18-24" of water depth.  My wetsuit has been stored for a while.  I'm running in a heater top only right now.  

23 hours ago, Raimie said:

50 on Friday for me on St. Clair. If you are saying our boats are registering high... wonder what that means for me... :cry: Either way I'll be sporting a dry suit for a while...

On 5/26/2019 at 10:20 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Our water is barely in the 60’s...

White lake showed anywhere from 65 to 68 degrees yesterday. Perfect weather for the sleeveless 3mm wetsuit

ahopkins22LSV
1 minute ago, mikewoods said:

White lake showed anywhere from 65 to 68 degrees yesterday. Perfect weather for the sleeveless 3mm wetsuit

Good! Was still in a full suit Saturday morning when it only read 63. Will be happy to ditch the full suit.

8 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Good! Was still in a full suit Saturday morning when it only read 63. Will be happy to ditch the full suit.

Let’s catch up this weekend.

Just now, Raimie said:

@mikewoods @ahopkinsVTX Must be nice!! I'm jealous!

Come out and join us!

• Like 1

I was out on Lake Minnetonka Saturday water temp 62 degrees. The kids jumped in a few times but got back out really quick.  I had the heaters running most of the day.  Now I just saw that they are probably declaring high water on Friday = no wake lake.  Between kids sports and weather be lucky to put 50hours on her this season.:cry:

6 hours ago, mikewoods said:

Let’s catch up this weekend.

Come out and join us!

Ok sounds good! I'll coordinate with Ahop and invite myself over :whistle:... I'm pretty good at that :lol:

• Like 3
On 5/26/2019 at 6:25 AM, OnTheWater said:

After 11 years of boating in Northern Idaho, where I reached a high of 76 degrees, I do have to say that I am enjoying the water temps on Lake Norman.  86 degrees and it’s not even Memorial Day.  Win.

(air temp was an actual of 94)

D256286E-ECEF-442A-B05D-D0AFFC57F729.jpeg

That must be one shallow lake!

we discovered a 12 foot deep (7 feet on sides) straight canal recently  , and it was 88 Sunday but main river was 82,  wife actually complained about the “chilly” difference, she’s spoiled on the south 

we had 67 degree water in February but all you “nothuners” water came down the Mississippi snd “chilled”  it 59-61 which is your  usual early summer water temps 

its gonna be a scorcher this year 

16 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Full suit at 63?  Must be some  cool cool air 

29 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Full suit at 63?  Must be some  cool cool air 

Down South you call it a "cool Breeze."  Up North, it's called "wind chill."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, inlandlaker said:

I'm guessing that these temps are probably only good for the first 18-24" of water depth.  My wetsuit has been stored for a while.  I'm running in a heater top only right now.  

Before I retired, part of my job was temperature calibration of our test chambers to ISO 9001/17025 standards.  I done it a couple of times, taken a thermocouple and dropped it done 5 feet and it's always read within 1 or 2 degrees.

Does anyone know where the water temperature sensor/thermocouple is actually located? I have to guess that it is at the raw water intake point for the cooling system, but I'm only guessing.

I assume it's consistent across models, but if it matters, I'm in a '16 23LSV.

5 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

we discovered a 12 foot deep (7 feet on sides) straight canal recently  , and it was 88 Sunday but main river was 82,  wife actually complained about the “chilly” difference, she’s spoiled on the south 

we had 67 degree water in February but all you “nothuners” water came down the Mississippi snd “chilled”  it 59-61 which is your  usual early summer water temps 

Definitely more shallow than the NW lakes I boated in, but I’m still boating in an average of 50-65’ deep.  I think it tops out a little over 100’.   

6 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Haha we usually consider anything above 75 'bath tub water'

• Like 1

57 degrees indicated on the Columbia at Crescent Bar. It’s the first time reading with the new boat, so it’ll be interesting to see how different it reads mid summer. Normal temp reading on our ‘05 Sunsetter was 70-72 degrees. Reading 68-69 on Lake Washington this week, which I do not believe.

23 minutes ago, WetSider said:

57 degrees indicated on the Columbia at Crescent Bar. It’s the first time reading with the new boat, so it’ll be interesting to see how different it reads mid summer. Normal temp reading on our ‘05 Sunsetter was 70-72 degrees. Reading 68-69 on Lake Washington this week, which I do not believe.

Sammamish was about 67-68 Memorial Day weekend. 

Is crescent bar really upper 50s this time of year?, I just remember that water being ice cream headache cold in May.

7 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Sammamish was about 67-68 Memorial Day weekend. 

Is crescent bar really upper 50s this time of year?, I just remember that water being ice cream headache cold in May.

Well, according to our gauge anyway. 😉 I really have no idea how accurate the water temp reading is right now. I guess if Lk Samm was 67-68, then maybe the reading wasn’t that far off for Lk WA then considering it was fairly consistently in that range.

Yes, def ice cream headache on that part of the Columbia this time of year. It’ll tend not to get reasonable until July honestly. But that’s why God created wetsuits.