Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Temps

OnTheWater

After 11 years of boating in Northern Idaho, where I reached a high of 76 degrees, I do have to say that I am enjoying the water temps on Lake Norman.  86 degrees and it’s not even Memorial Day.  Win.

(air temp was an actual of 94)

D256286E-ECEF-442A-B05D-D0AFFC57F729.jpeg

• Like 3

Been a very cool spring here in Arizona. Our water temp Friday morning was 69 degrees with an air temp of 60. That's unheard of apparently but I love it. 

I am actually questioning the accuracy of the water temperature gauge on my 22mxz.  It seems really high, so i bought a pool thermometer for our lake.  The water temp gauge on the boat is on average about 8% higher from the pool thermometer.

I know i can go into setting and offset the air temp, but there is no way to do this with the water temperature.

has anyone else run into this?

1 hour ago, Peebalz said:

I am actually questioning the accuracy of the water temperature gauge on my 22mxz.  It seems really high, so i bought a pool thermometer for our lake.  The water temp gauge on the boat is on average about 8% higher from the pool thermometer.

I know i can go into setting and offset the air temp, but there is no way to do this with the water temperature.

has anyone else run into this?

There's an adjustment to correct for that error both water and air in the setting on mine - should be on yours too.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:20 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Our water is barely in the 60’s...

Loon Lake showed me 67° yesterday....I don't believe it. 

22 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

84 deg mid MO

Wow, my lake was 70 last weekend in KC according to the marina.  Not terrible with a wetsuit but pretty cold to just cove up and swim.  

12 minutes ago, inlandlaker said:

Whitmore showed me 68 on Saturday......I don't believe it either.  

Maybe the first few inches..... Because there was some strong sun for most of the day. 

Wixom in central Mich showing 62 /63. Out early yesterday for a ski but air just 51. We only got two runs in before so much junk we had to quit. Our lake coming up so late and no significant boat traffic before this weekend so all the trees logs and junk is being washed off shore and coming down the lake.

62deg water temp and around 75deg air temp last night up here in Canada... didn't keep me from skiing, I love my Rip Curl suit felt like the tropics in the water.  Awesome first ski of the year, pure glass and pretty much the only boat on the whole lake.

Local River Temp this morning where we usually go only  59F.   Outside air temp still cool as well... Cloudy overcast 54F.     Typical Late May\June Pacific Northwest Weather.  Summer starts in July here.  

Can't wait to head to Shasta Lake for house boating in Northern CA June 15th.  Mid to high 80s.  Water in the 70s.  :)  

Welcome to LKN!  We were surfing on election day (Nov) with no wet suit!  

BTW, where you were this weekend - did you have a bunch of beetles in the water?

Edited by Five Cent Worth

@Five Cent Worth - we boated from Lake Norman Marina down to the other side of Governor’s Island.  There definitely some bugs in the area - small little buggers.  Kind of looked like ticks, but weren’t.  

6 hours ago, Ryan1776 said:

Loon Lake showed me 67° yesterday....I don't believe it. 

5 hours ago, inlandlaker said:

Whitmore showed me 68 on Saturday......I don't believe it either.  

50 on Friday for me on St. Clair. If you are saying our boats are registering high... wonder what that means for me... :cry: Either way I'll be sporting a dry suit for a while...

Edited by Raimie
21 hours ago, OnTheWater said:

@Five Cent Worth - we boated from Lake Norman Marina down to the other side of Governor’s Island.  There definitely some bugs in the area - small little buggers.  Kind of looked like ticks, but weren’t.  

This is where u usually find me too. I didn't notice any bugs but did notice the water warmed up a lot in the last two weeks!  

We are easily 88-89 at Lake Anna since we are heated by a power plant.  Makes for early season starts (warm summers) and late fall season.