Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
magicmichael

2002 21' Malibu Wakesetter Model HSW 450 D-V

magicmichael

I/O  5.7 monsoon #2 v drive  Model 417702

I turned the ignition system on and a beeping alarm came on.  I tried to crank the engine but nothing, no clicking, nothing.  The depth finder is off. 

I charged the batteries for 24 hours with an inline "plug" charger connected to batteries with the charger switch set to "ALL". 

When ignition system is in 1st position no movement on volt or oil gauges.  The engine ran fine when I put it up 5 months ago.  What next?

formulaben

Check your lanyard.

magicmichael

I did... I unhooked and pressed red button, then hooked up lanyard again.

MalibuNation

Please kook at this thread as it has great info:

formulaben
13 hours ago, magicmichael said:

I did... I unhooked and pressed red button, then hooked up lanyard again.

Well, by check I mean pull the switch and verify with a voltmeter that it is working.  Even better, temporarily bypass it and try starting again. 

Not advocating it, but many here have removed it due to the fact that it becomes a useless point of failure if you're not wearing the lanyard when you drive.  And the old hole makes a great spot for an extra 12v power outlet.  :whistle: