Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MC-1 BT connects, no audio.

Ryan1776

I'm having trouble with the bluetooth on my MC-1.
It connects perfectly, but no audio comes through. 
I just keep going back and forth between sources. Sometimes I need to cycle the power. 
But eventually it will work. And once it's connected. It's great solid connection great sound quality and control. 

I have no idea why this is happening. And I cannot come up with a sequence of buttons to make it play though. I just happen to stumble upon it. 

And tips on this? 
Or info I'm missing. 
I'm using an iphone. Volume is up not on silent. 
The phone shows that it's playing. I can control the track and whatnot through the MC-1 head unit. So I know the connection is good.

Edited by Ryan1776

So you press SRC, then the BT AUDIO button and you see your phone on the MC-1? Press play on the phone and you see the song on the MC-1 and its advancing but no music is audible? And if you SRC and then hit tuner you instantly get music?

Is the BT level turn up at least a little? Phone's media volume level turned up?

Id first forget the MC-1 out of your phone and re-pair.

37 minutes ago, MLA said:

So you press SRC, then the BT AUDIO button and you see your phone on the MC-1?

Yes

Press play on the phone and you see the song on the MC-1 and its advancing but no music is audible?

Yes

And if you SRC and then hit tuner you instantly get music?

Yes

Is the BT level turn up at least a little?

??? On the MC-1 itself? Is there a specific BT level? If there is, I must adjust it by accident because once it does start to play, its fine. And I don't see any "level" that I hit. 

38 minutes ago, MLA said:

Phone's media volume level turned up?

Yes. In fact, I'll turn off BT on the phone and music will play though phone.

39 minutes ago, MLA said:

Id first forget the MC-1 out of your phone and re-pair.

Probably a decent idea. Haven't done that. 

I did not have to re- pair to the MC-1, when I first connected to it, my volume on my iPod went automatically down all by itself. 

I turned up the volume on the MC-1 and it was really quite at full volume, I thought something was screwed up but I noticed my volume on the iPod was almost at zero. No issues since

6 minutes ago, Agman said:

I did not have to re- pair to the MC-1, when I first connected to it, my volume on my iPod went automatically down all by itself. 

I turned up the volume on the MC-1 and it was really quite at full volume, I thought something was screwed up but I noticed my volume on the iPod was almost at zero. No issues since

I'm not sure if mine did that at first, but it's all the way up. 

22 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

??? On the MC-1 itself? Is there a specific BT level?

press "setup"

turn main knob to scroll down to "level adj"

press main knob to enter "level adj"

press button below "BT Audio" to hilight green. And rotate main knob to turn up BT level to at least 75%. 

On 5/24/2019 at 1:47 PM, MLA said:

press "setup"

turn main knob to scroll down to "level adj"

press main knob to enter "level adj"

press button below "BT Audio" to hilight green. And rotate main knob to turn up BT level to at least 75%. 

OH yeah. It's set there. 
Last night went out and it was fine. Didn't have to touch anything but the BT source button. I really don't know. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same problem. It usually just lasts for a few minutes before it starts transmitting. I find that if I hit the pause/play button on the MC one it sometimes makes it work. The other issue I have is every time I change the song (I am using Double Twist as my music app on android) the blue tooth will cut out for a split second before playing fine. I use to have the Wet Sounds WS-420 BT and didn't have any of these issues. 

46 minutes ago, Mazeing5 said:

I have this same problem. It usually just lasts for a few minutes before it starts transmitting. I find that if I hit the pause/play button on the MC one it sometimes makes it work. The other issue I have is every time I change the song (I am using Double Twist as my music app on android) the blue tooth will cut out for a split second before playing fine. I use to have the Wet Sounds WS-420 BT and didn't have any of these issues. 

Yeah, you're right. I've now noticed that once it's powered up. By the time I get out of the slip and settled, that's when I try to play music and it's fine then. 
BUT when I change sources, it takes that same amount of time as well. 

Any chance have you used Xm receiver on it? Is there anyway to directly go to a station? Flipping through 140 some odd channels to get to one is awful. 

Mine does it on changing sources as well. Might just be a feature of the MC-1...  I have not used the XM  yet but I hope there is another way to select the channels. I called Wetsounds with questions on the Radio tunning and they were able to help me find how to adjust it so it didn't skip frequencies. Maybe they have something on the XM tunning. 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, Mazeing5 said:

Mine does it on changing sources as well. Might just be a feature of the MC-1...  I have not used the XM  yet but I hope there is another way to select the channels. I called Wetsounds with questions on the Radio tuning and they were able to help me find how to adjust it so it didn't skip frequencies. Maybe they have something on the XM tunning. 

So when you're on the main screen, just press "Menu" and you'll see Direct channel, category and a few other. 
It's a little clunky as you have to roll the main dial to adjust the number you want to input, but for a unit without a number pad, it's  pretty good. 

I asked them about the delay in audio when using BT, he said he didn't know about it, but did send me a firmware update. He said there is nothing in the update pertaining to that, but that doesn't mean it might not fix a bug. 
I have yet to install it yet, but certainly worth trying. 

Edited by Ryan1776
13 minutes ago, Mazeing5 said:

Good news about the tuning. I have been waiting for any updates. Did they say what the new version was or when it was released? 

No, neither. PM sent....