Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover leaving stains on vinyl?

Every time I put the boat cover on for awhile, it leaves red stains on my vinyl. I have a 2012 23 LSV and black cover.  I have read a few threads on this but not sure if anyone found a solution and if it is the cover or the seats?  I would buy a new cover if it would correct the issue.

9 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Age-old problem of certain vinyls.  Lots of threads about this issue.  Unless your cover is non-colourfast red of course...

No, my cover is the black stock cover, would replacing the cover solve the issue or is it a vinyl problem?

1 hour ago, wakesetta12 said:

No, my cover is the black stock cover, would replacing the cover solve the issue or is it a vinyl problem?

No.  Replacing the vinyl and foam will though.

yep I had to replace the vinyl, I had the same issues.  Letting soak in the  sun or even spraying on Oxy clean and leaving it soaking in the sun was a temp fix, but always came back....  Many had this issue but I thought it was the era of vinyl used from 05-09 I didn't think 2012 had these issues.  Malibu blamed the vinyl company > The vinyl company blamed the foam or adhesive company.  I think they were all pointing fingers as I had heard.

Put some sort of barrier between the cover and the vinyl it touches. (Pool noodles, towels etc). This should help the problem. I have heard grey covers also help alleviate it. It is a heat issue between the cover and vinyl/glue.